Millionaire refuse to retire

I would like to be the kind of person that could enjoy working at McDonald's.

Well... He can afford to make choices.

I am a little puzzled. As far as personal relationships go... if you can only maintain them by working with the people... there must not be much of a relationship. For that matter, how long do you think the average employees stays at McDonalds?

Personally... It would not be my choice. But then again, I spent years educating myself so I would not have to work at a McDonalds. :)

He wins 1.3 million and he will continue to work at McDonald's.
I dont think he gets it yet. If he really wants to stay at McD's at least buy the darn place.

No offence meant, but perhaps you don't get it ... :cool:

He doesn't need the extra income, so why should he put up with the inevitable hassles that come with owning and managing a small business? As an employee, he is free of such problems, and can enjoy the social aspect that apparently appeals to him.

P.S. Dunno how old he is, but his new wife looks a lot older than 29!

Not a dummy among them, in my estimation. They just have vastly different motivations. Naturally, I don't mention the long term game plan to check out as early as possible...

I see you more as the Burger King type or someplace where they make you sing Happy Birthday a dozen times a shift !
My first job was as a dishwasher in one of those restaurants where I had to sing some crappy version of happy birthday that included the restaurants name at least a couple of times per shift while the birthday boy or girl wore an idiotic hat that thousands of previous birthday people had the pleasure of wearing (ICK!!). I think Montana's now does that routine. I remember groaning and being very half hearted about it every time they would come and get me to sing. I earned a grand total of $88.00 at that job and pledged to never work in a restaurant again.

My first job was as a dishwasher in one of those restaurants where I had to sing some crappy version of happy birthday that included the restaurants name at least a couple of times per shift while the birthday boy or girl wore an idiotic hat that thousands of previous birthday people had the pleasure of wearing (ICK!!). I think Montana's now does that routine. I remember groaning and being very half hearted about it every time they would come and get me to sing.

"People can get a cheeseburger anywhere, ok? They come to Chotchkie’s for the atmosphere and the attitude. That’s what the flair’s about. It’s about fun." :p

Hey, as long as he is happy. I work with people who have far more money than that, and (amazingly to me) they still show up every day for a full helping of BS.

Whether it's working at McD's with $2+M in the bank, playing the Wall Street money versus stress game, or spending your day split between internet forum socializing and golf, it's all part of the weird melting pot of life. No idiots out there. Or shall I say that we all look like idiots.

I sort of plan on painting and cutting grass in addition to kiteboard instructing and home rehabbing. Guess I'm an idiot too.

Last edited:
It is interesting. I too envy people who love their work but I can't really understand loving McDs. I worked as a school janitor all through college and couldn't stand it. The routine was mind numbingly boring. I was a borderline employee because I was always "getting sick." I would rather lounge around with friends than drag myself in and make a few more bucks. I guess I was always attuned to the ER lifestyle, all play and no work makes Donny a happy boy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom