Miss America 2024 -- amazing

braumeister

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Madison Marsh is an active duty Air Force 2nd Lieutenant, an Academy graduate with a physics degree, a pilot, a grad student at the Harvard Kennedy school, and founder of a pancreatic cancer research fund.

I just think it's so cool that we have moved on from "what does she look like in a bathing suit?" This is an extremely impressive young lady.

Madison Marsh is an active duty Air Force 2nd Lieutenant, an Academy graduate with a physics degree, a pilot, a grad student at the Harvard Kennedy school, and founder of a pancreatic cancer research fund.

I just think it's so cool that we have moved on from "what does she look like in a bathing suit?" This is an extremely impressive young lady.

I saw that too. Very impressive. I've got a good friend that I went to OCS with. Rhodes scholar from Princeton, pilot, single mom, Colonel (pretty sure she will be a general officer some day). Doubt she'll do the pageant thing although she is attractive. If I haven't said it before, I'm all about strong, independent ladies. My friend runs team distance events to raise money for some cause. Not sure which one. I know a bunch more ladies with somewhat similar resumes. U go girls!!

Yeah, I saw a piece on her where she was in a fighter jet. Not sure whether front seat or RIO. Too quick to tell.

In any case, you're right. Very impressive young woman.

I was very impressed with her ability to handle the USAF duties and compete in the Miss America Pageant. It's a great thing for the nation and all women.

VW

Yeah, I saw a piece on her where she was in a fighter jet. Not sure whether front seat or RIO. Too quick to tell.

She was in the back seat of an F16 I think. She has a flight school slot but has not attended. Neighbor's daughter is a senior at the academy. She said there are not pilot training slots to accommodate all the applicants, and generally it is a year or two before they get to go. In the mean time the get a masters degree.

Just for info, There are 4 training bases: Vance AFB in Enid Oklahoma, Columbus AFB in Columbus Mississippi, Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls, Texas and Laughlin AFB in Del Rio, Texas. Each of these have about 11 classes a year, with about 30 pilots each. (1,200 pilots a year) in 1966 there were were 9 training base, 11 classes, and 65 pilots per class.(6,500 pilots a year +-) It has been that for a while, and it contributes to the airline shortage.

Last edited:
Had a few rides in the F-16 Big Mouth in my last flying assignment. What a wonderful air machine! Very intuitive and responsive to commands. Our squadron flew mixed pairs of F-16 and F-4G. It is a far cry from what I used to fly F-4G and F-105G.

I think we should have a Mr. America competition too. Complete with swimsuit and tuxedo competition. Why shouldn't women ogle at men and celebrate their accomplishments too? I'd love to see a tuxedo competition.

And yes, she is very impressive and accomplished.

Yes, I watched an interview with her and what an impressive lady she is. A great pick for representation.

We saw her on the Today show this morning, very impressive human. Not only is she USAF active with a degree in physics, evidently she enrolled in graduate-level public policy classes at the Harvard Kennedy School, which were available to her through a special partnership with the air force. And she founded the Whitney Marsh Foundation with family members and they have raised over $250,000 for pancreatic cancer research.

Poor girl doesn't have anything to do...

Mod Note:

It is 2024. Perhaps, before posting your quips about bathing suits (which left the Miss America competition in 2018, with good reason) consider that it's not relevant to this particular discussion, and comments along those lines may quite likely alienate many of the women of this board, not to mention your daughters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a few rides in the F-16 Big Mouth in my last flying assignment. What a wonderful air machine! Very intuitive and responsive to commands. Our squadron flew mixed pairs of F-16 and F-4G. It is a far cry from what I used to fly F-4G and F-105G.

Heh, heh, or Cessna 150.:blush:

I'm sorta jealous of anyone who gets to ride in a real military jet. Hope she does very well.

Back
Top Bottom