MJ Sighting!!! in Chiang Mai, Thailand

scrinch said:
And glad to see that he's got his pack well protected with that helmet! ::)

Hey, i've good my tools and a stash of food in my pack. Besides my head is made of stone. Actually, until 6 weeks ago, just like my shoes, my helmet was on all the time. But I decided if I am doing short slow riding around CM, I just let the helmet protect my bag. Don't forget, it can get pretty hot under the styro foam.

MJ

FX
No more gazing at the evening stars from the open roof top in Chiang Mai?

Nah... we're wearing face masks on occasioj ourselves. But we did see some blue skies the other day.. and a couple of clouds!

Sam
Billy, what's the cause of bad air quality? When/where do you wear the mask? Not all day, not at home, I hope.

Slash and burn agriculture. This happens ever year from China to India. Not everyone can afford a water buffalo to till the rice fields, so they simply burn them. It's temporary, but repetitive.

Hydroman
Why would anyone want to retire or even live part time in a place where you the air is so bad you need to wear a mask to go outside? It does not sound like paradise to me.

There are lots of places in the US where they issue air quality alerts... True, I only wear masks here in Asia - and I have to say that the air quality right before the rainy season is the biggest knock on Cmai. It always brings up the issue to me that people say the US is the biggest polluter in the world (per capita) but in our world travels, I see far worse pollution of water and air elsewhere. At least in the States, we clean it up.

Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

Back
Top Bottom