monthly private health insurance $

We are in oklahoma.

Guess it depends on the definition of good health, ours or the insurance underwriters.

I take cholesteral medicine, am normal weight, but have been told I would not be covered because I tend to have high blood pressue readings at doctors, don't know why as it is in the 130/85 range normally. I currently need choloscopy every 3 years due to one find of benine polyop. Spend about $3/month for the meds, that is it

Wife always is on edge with weight/height ratio and takes cholesteral and HP medicines, thus gets hit with three strike rule. Also takes thyroid so been told she is uninsurable. Again, cost of meds are less than $10/month and have no other expenses.

So we feel heathly, have little issues, but have been told underwriters will get us for items mentioned above, so don't bother.
I would bother, it doesn't cost you anything to apply.
I'm in the same boat regarding thyroid, I'm curious, who told
you she in uninsurable? Again I would make the effort to apply,
separately.
TJ

Yes, we worked with an independent broker as well as talked with likes of BC/BS and Atnea.

All said I was marginal due to one or two higher BP readings and fact of 3 yr colonoscopy and wife was uninsurable.

Thus lucky to have fall back of retiree insurance even though it has a low life time benefit with high deduct and no coverage for doctor visits etc.

Hopefully, if we stay healthy, our premiums will be a monthly expense that buys nothing.

Thanks

I would bother, it doesn't cost you anything to apply.
I'm in the same boat regarding thyroid, I'm curious, who told
you she in uninsurable? Again I would make the effort to apply,
separately.
TJ

Also wondering about the thyroid / uninsurable combination.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom