Monty Python

Another of my favorites, "Help help I'm being repressed..." (from Holy Grail).

So many funny lines in that sketch, and all in under three minutes. Inspired.

:LOL:

Last edited:

So true, ER Eddie!

My favorite line is "well, I didn't vote for you" Cracks me up every time.

So true, ER Eddie!

My favorite line is "well, I didn't vote for you" Cracks me up every time.

Yeah. My favorite is the way it ends -- "Come see the violence inherent in the system. Help, help, I'm being repressed ... oh, what a give-away." I just love that, for some reason.

I also really like, "Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government" and then those phrases that follow ("watery tart," etc.). But the whole thing is really clever, from "I'm 37, I'm not old" all the way through.

Last edited:
Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government" and then those phrases that follow ("watery tart," etc.). But the whole thing is really clever, from "I'm 37, I'm not old" all the way through.

This part of MPATHG is the best part of the movie.

Dennis The Constitutional Peasant - YouTube

:LOL: As far as movies, I've only seen "The Meaning of Life", so I was not familiar with this sketch.

This is MP at it's finest IMO - when they do that thing where the common man is actually superior in knowledge to the higher-ups, it just cracks me up, and of course there is a grain of truth to it, as in all good comedy.

"I didn't know we had a King, I thought we were an autonomous collective."..... " There you go, going on about class again."....

I also really like, "Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government"
says the peasant in filth to the King.

:LOL::LOL: I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Oh dear lord!

DW is looking at me like I've lost my mind....

-ERD50

:LOL: Yeah, they're sitting there piling up mud, talking about anarcho-syndicalist communes (had to check the subtitles on that one). Good stuff.

ERD50, you should try to find Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I think you'd like it. Imo (and most others, I think), it's their best movie.

I think David (OP) has been properly introduced to Monty Python at this point. You unlocked the floodgates, David. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom