Most Pleasurable 0 bucks or less

eta2020

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

My daughter playing it for me ...... would be one example of it.

How about you?

Walking my dog on the beach. I do this 2-3 times a week since I retired. I love watching the dog go crazy sniffing all the seaweed and straining at the leash to try and get the seabirds... I love watching the surfers catch waves..

Kickin' back watching a nice warm summer sunset.
(especially as we Midwesterners 'enjoy' our 1st taste of winter :().

Waking up in the morning (without an alarm) and just rolling over and going back to sleep if that's what I feel like doing.

omni

Flipping over your bed pillow to feel the cool side against your face.

The second thing I thought of (yes I officially have a dirty mind) is gathering sun dried sheets from the clothesline and burying my face in them.

Walking. Anywhere. Anytime. In snow boots when no one is driving anywhere. On the beach. In a forest. In my neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Having a great conversation (not chitchat) with someone.

omni

Waking up yesterday morning to find that this blind girl had curled up on the pillow with her rear end pushed into my face, and was releasing a steady series of mild "gaseous greetings" in my direction. Then, thankfully, she moved a little and broke into a strong purr as I petted her while still in a semi-awake state.

I stayed in bed with her for a good 30 minutes before finally getting up, and after her gaseousness had calmed down, she became very sweet and affectionate. I really enjoy the gentle moments I share with her on mornings like these (and the kitty farts are always good for a chuckle!)

I have been thinking about my 3 cats recently, and how they have been such a fantastic investment. I don't own much in the way of material possessions, but my 3 girls bring so much into my life that material goods (beyond those which provide basic sustenance) cannot come close to matching. This photo was taken shortly after I had climbed out of bed, and Jingles was still in pride of place.

original.jpg

Last edited:
Today: hopping out of the truck half an hour after dawn with temps at 4F, but sun shining and no wind. All it took was half a box of shotshells and a few gallons of gas.

Skype with my grandchildren . The two year old calls me Grandma Morning since he can not pronounce my name .

A long lazy swim in the outdoor pool on a hot sunny day in July.

Reading to my favorite 7-year-old.

Being read to by my favorite 7-year-old! :dance:

Taking her to the library for the first time and seeing her light up with excitement while choosing a pile of books.

The moment a scared stray cat trusts you enough to let you pet them for the first time.

Sending that same cat home with his/her new family, who will spoil them rotten for the rest of their life.

Last edited:
Reading to my favorite 7-year-old.
The moment a scared stray cat trusts you enough to let you pet him for the first time.

Sending that same cat home with his/her new family, who will spoil them rotten for the rest of their life.
Good for you, Calico.

My 12 year-old kitty, Chala, was rescued from the streets of East Oakland. She is shy and sensitive, and a work in progress. Every time I think she has plateaued, and isn't going to progress anymore, she does something to surprise and delight me. Shy, sensitive cats can be so very rewarding if you simply give them the time and space to relax and be themselves. It is my firm belief that kitties, just like all creatures (and humans) just need to find their place in the world so they can flourish.

Thank you for helping all the cats that you do.

Good for you, Calico.

My 12 year-old kitty, Chala, was rescued from the streets of East Oakland. She is shy and sensitive, and a work in progress. Every time I think she has plateaued, and isn't going to progress anymore, she does something to surprise and delight me. Shy, sensitive cats can be so very rewarding if you simply give them the time and space to relax and be themselves. It is my firm belief that kitties, just like all creatures (and humans) just need to find their place in the world so they can flourish.

Thank you for helping all the cats that you do.

:greetings10: Chala sounds like a treasure, as does Jingles (and your third cat). They are all lucky they found their place in the world with you. You are so right about the shy and sensitive ones. The trick is to always let them come to you, and not try to force it - it has to be on their terms. They have certainly taught me the value of patience over the years. Now if I could just learn to be half as patient with people! :D

The library: more good books than I could possibly read, DVD's, and special lectures etc.

My 4 year old niece. We have so much fun together, mostly for little cost. As my grandpa used to say, Never again can you buy so much happiness for so little money.

Kickin' back watching a nice warm summer sunset.
(especially as we Midwesterners 'enjoy' our 1st taste of winter :().

A friend of ours(Kansas native) introduced us to to the concept of 'sitting twilight' as he called it.

heh heh heh - I personally 'waste?' a lot of time fiddling around on U tube. :cool:

Walking in the woods in the Spring hunting Morels. Only thing better is eating them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1416110318.904426.jpg

Hiking!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Down through the years and up to the present (I kind of like the sound of that), my favorite free pleasure has been playing catch with either my son or daughter (sounds as if I can't tell them apart--or even worse, I don't know if the person I'm playing catch with is male or female). Anyhow, we use either a soft baseball or a nerf-like football, (sounds as if I don't know which, but, it in this case, no one gets insulted). So, [-] If [/-]When I get hit in the face it hardly hurts at all. It does, however, leave a mark, but, it's all at no financial cost. There is a loss of dignity, but that's free as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom