MS Money glitch?

Leonidas

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Where the stars at night are big and bright
So, I switched from Quicken to MS Money a couple of years ago and have generally been pleased since then. However, in the last couple of weeks I have noticed a weird glitch that is troubling.

On several occasions in the last two weeks, when I view my portfolio, I notice that my balance is up - waaay up. Like $13-15 Million up. When I look at the individual stocks I see that one (not always the same one) will be grossly higher than it should be. A position that should be valued at a $150K will be $13 Million or so.

It has "fixed" itself, so far, and the fix takes place whenever I change the portfolio view or close Money and reopen it. But not always, sometimes it takes two or three tries. Or I just give up for the day and when I crank it up the next day everything is back to normal.

I'm really concerned because I switched from Quicken due to "database corruption" that just happened to take place when Intuit stopped supporting my version of Quicken. Customer service told me they would be glad to help me out - for a fee. A few months ago I borrowed a newer version of Quicken from a friend and loaded it on an old laptop and then imported my stored and "corrupted" Quicken file. Amazing! It was fixed!

So, being a naturally suspicious individual, I strongly suspect that Quicken was playing games with me to force me to upgrade. My MS Money is several years old (bought an older version at a discount) Now, with what appears to be something similar happening with MS Money, I am wondering if Bill Gates is not playing the same game.

Has anybody else had similar problems with Money?

I don't think is a conspiracy, just crappy software.

Your copy of Money is probably going to be expiring from internet downloads soon. My Money 2004 is expiring this Sept, so I will have to manually update any MF quotes or banking transactions myself unless I update to a newer version. The new version is called MoneyPlus. No Year names anymore. Money has a repair function(s) that may help.

You may want to visit the money newsgroup to see if they can assist you.
unofficial microsoft.public.money FAQ Home Page

Next time you are a muti-millionaire... take the money and RUN :D

take a look at what price it has for that security... back when I was actually using a program I would notice that every once in awhile it would download some strange price for a security (or it was a bad input when dividends were reinvested)... once the next update occurred it had the correct price and it was 'fixed'

Back
Top Bottom