Mud slinging political adds

I live in Ohio, and the attack ads are amazing.

BTW, The Daily Show is broadcasting from Columbus this week, and doing some wonderful analysis.

351 BC: Demosthenes spoke of Philip II as, “. . . not even a barbarian from any place that can be named with honors.

44 BC: Cicero smears Mark Antony in his 2nd oration, “As Helen was to the Trojans, so has that man been to this republic – the cause of war, the cause of mischief, the cause of ruin.

1775: mudslinging is documented in European plays and opera: “Calumniate! Calumniate! Something will always come of it,” advised Don Basilio in ‘The Barber of Seville’. Calumniate is defined as charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone.

I guess there is a long tradition of mudslinging. :)

Arc said:
Negative ads are as part of American culture as baseball and apple pie. Been going on since the colonial times. Only one more week left. Then what we will we do? :mad:

Fight about annuities >:D :rant: :bat:

Arc said:
Negative ads are as part of American culture as baseball and apple pie. Been going on since the colonial times. Only one more week left. Then what we will we do? :mad:

I think they should bring back dueling. It would cut down on the number of politicians. :)

JG

Goonie said:
We ought to just get to go to the IDOC and choose an inmate for Gov, that way we get our crook and we don't have to pay all those court costs and attorney fees later on.....i.e. George "Lyin'" Ryan. :LOL: :D :LOL:

This is an excellent idea, as long as they stay locked up at least until their
term (in office) is up. :D

JG

Mr._johngalt said:
Wow, that's a stretch. We've had actors as governors of major states
and even President.

Trivia question of the day................. Does anyone know what movie starred both Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jessie Ventura?

JG

Predator

Mr._johngalt said:
I think they should bring back dueling. It would cut down on the number of politicians. :)

JG

Yeah, so we can keep Aaron Burr, and lose Alexander Hamilton...

Mr._johngalt said:
I think they should bring back dueling. It would cut down on the number of politicians. :) JG
And discussion board trolling...

Back
Top Bottom