Mutual Fund Basis Calculator

SALTedOut

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm hoping someone here can help. I've tried some google searches and to search the forum but can't find what I'm looking for.

I have a few mutual funds I've held a long time (mid '90s) and have lost my files in a few floods. Since I moved these funds around 2010 from one brokerage (now closed) to another the new brokerage does not have the cost basis records for the first time period.

Is there an online calculator where I can put in the purchase date and amount invested and it would compute the current basis, including reinvested dividends and capital gains? I have found a few that compute basis but I have to enter every dividend and capital gain distribution as a separate purchase. Seems like there would be something that could know all the distribution amounts so I don't have to look up 25 years of distributions.

Thanks in advance.

Yahoo keeps a huge amount of historical data. They might have the share value for a certain date.

Yahoo keeps a huge amount of historical data. They might have the share value for a certain date.
+1
Check yahoo and even though they won't have the cost data the fund company may be able to help. Depending on the representative you get hold of they might be willing to get prices on given dates.

+1
Check yahoo and even though they won't have the cost data the fund company may be able to help. Depending on the representative you get hold of they might be willing to get prices on given dates.

Yes, start with the fund company. I spent hours manually calculating cost basis for a fund I started buying in the 1980s (and had many transactions as it was on auto-invest for several years). I was missing a couple of statements and called them just to get the historical data I couldn't get from Yahoo and it turned out they had the actual cost basis for me. Could have saved a lot of sweat and time if I'd started there.

This outfit seems to offer such a service for $25 or less per ticker.

https://www.netbasis.com/products-services/

A Netbasis transaction is the look up or calculation of one stock or mutual fund regardless of the number of buys, sells, dividends or capital gains reinvested.

• 25 Transactions : $530.00 (15% Off)
  • 15 Transactions : $330.00 (12% Off)
  • 10 Transactions : $225.00 (10% Off)
  • 5 Transactions : $115.00 (8% Off)
  • 3 Transactions : $70.00 (6% Off)
  • 1 Transaction : $25.00

Back
Top Bottom