My employer's getting bought out...not sure what to do

What is that deal? Give me a job or I'll sneak on your 500-ft yacht and pee on all the beds?
As if he'd ever find out!

Years ago my FIL used to work with the crew that did Charlie Rose's show. When they'd get in the studio on a Monday morning, the guys would thank Charlie for giving them the use of his yacht last weekend and tell him how much they appreciated the amenities. It took Rose a long time to realize that they were joking-- he was such a workaholic that he hadn't visited his pleasure craft in months.

We'll have to see what kind of buyout packages Oracle is offering to their valued Java, I mean Sun, employees...

Oracle seems to be very strongly about the bottom line. However, I'll admit that almost my total sum of knowledge of Oracle is what I've been reading about in articles for the last two days.

I would characterize Oracle as a time to market company. Get it fast, before the competition, and fix in in the next release. An old industry joke was that Oracle's primary development platform is PowerPoint -- great sales presentations. There is little of the Sun culture of the ever changing product roadmap.

employer is getting bought out

Take it one day at a time. You really don't have to do anything today. Get you resume up to date and send it out to other companies you might be interested in. The new owner of the company might offer better benefits or other options, so it might not be a bad situation.

Back
Top Bottom