Need help on family home

The realtor is trying to keep the "listing" private, so she can sell to friends who will under pay. Only way you know you get a fair price (maybe it's $250K and not $200K) is by having it offered public. ...
+1

It's not necessarily "friends" but it is a greatly diminished pool of potential bidders.

I would go further and say that a realtor who makes this kind of offer is not a realtor that you should be working with. It might be interesting for you to call the state assn of realtors and describe the situation. At best this is probably considered unethical and it may be a direct violation of their rules and even jeopardize her broker's (boss's) license.

The realtor is trying to keep the "listing" private, so she can sell to friends who will under pay. Only way you know you get a fair price (maybe it's $250K and not $200K) is by having it offered public.

Alternatively, you could pay (not free) for an assessment of the value, it would at least give you an indicator, but note, my experience with these assessments is that they are pretty flexible in the final amount, so don't hire via the realtor or even tell realtor you are doing it. Once done , the price may still be too low or high compared to what a public listed price will sell for.

Yes, sounds good and makes sense. Thank you.

+1

It's not necessarily "friends" but it is a greatly diminished pool of potential bidders.

I would go further and say that a realtor who makes this kind of offer is not a realtor that you should be working with. It might be interesting for you to call the state assn of realtors and describe the situation. At best this is probably considered unethical and it may be a direct violation of their rules and even jeopardize her broker's (boss's) license.

Hmmm, wow. It did raise my spidey senses when she said it. It is tempting to not have to pay 3%, but you are right. I think it would be best to go public. I'll check with the association of realtors. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom