Need ideas for dealing with stubborn 96 FIL aging in place

So was it mentioned somewhere who Dad's executor after his passing would be?

Seems like that would be important to understand at this point regarding DW involvement with any of this. Ie. Is it going to be her mess to clean up or not at that point?

-gauss

One commenter said as long as dad us happy let him be. Is he happy? Or is he sitting in his office frustrated and not knowing what to do next? If hes happy, I agree let him be.

The DW needs to tell her brother it's time to go and enjoy life. Quit going to work every day and the business will cease to exist.

HVAC companies that are small have little net worth--other than a couple of trucks and a few tools. Maybe some sheet metal fabrication equipment.

Tell him that ER means Early Retirement, not Elder Retirement. Time to enjoy life.

So was it mentioned somewhere who Dad's executor after his passing would be?

Seems like that would be important to understand at this point regarding DW involvement with any of this. Ie. Is it going to be her mess to clean up or not at that point?

-gauss

OP here--both DW and her brother are listed as will executors. Time will tell how that well that works as brother has demonstrated little to no capability to make decisions. If anything, DW is more in the school close is good enough and damn the torpedoes.

OP here--both DW and her brother are listed as will executors. Time will tell how that well that works as brother has demonstrated little to no capability to make decisions. If anything, DW is more in the school close is good enough and damn the torpedoes.
Sounds to me they need an updated will to make it clear who owns the business after her father passes.

If she can not be the sole owner then stay away from the business.

Sounds to me they need an updated will to make it clear who owns the business after her father passes.

If she can not be the sole owner then stay away from the business.

OP here--Will makes clear business exclusively goes to son who has worked entire life in it, often with poor pay. This is not a point of contention. Others assets are shared

OP here--Will makes clear business exclusively goes to son who has worked entire life in it, often with poor pay. This is not a point of contention. Others assets are shared

Your spouse has zero to do with this business and will have zero to do with this business after Dad is dead and buried. What makes either one of you think you need to get involved?

The DW needs to tell her brother it's time to go and enjoy life. Quit going to work every day and the business will cease to exist.

HVAC companies that are small have little net worth--other than a couple of trucks and a few tools. Maybe some sheet metal fabrication equipment.

Tell him that ER means Early Retirement, not Elder Retirement. Time to enjoy life.
You must have different relatives then I do. If I told an adult family member to close their business and and retire, they would tell me to MYOB...

Back
Top Bottom