Netflix movie or show suggestion

We watched The Highwaymen last night. Bonnie & Clyde story, told from the hunter's side of the gun. Kevin Costner & Woody Harrelson. We really enjoyed it and spent lots of time after Googling for more information.

Netflix recently put 8 seasons of 'Death in Paradise' on their list of selections for streaming. It is a TV murder mystery show from BBC show set in the Caribbean that is a cross between 'northern exposure' and 'Murder she wrote'. If you liked the goings on in Cabot Cove, you'll like this show.

We have just watched Mirage with a Spanish subtitle (dubbing was so weird), and we enjoyed it very much. We just love time-glitch/sci-fi type of films.

We watched The Highwaymen last night. Bonnie & Clyde story, told from the hunter's side of the gun. Kevin Costner & Woody Harrelson. We really enjoyed it and spent lots of time after Googling for more information.
I was obsessed with Bonnie and Clyde when I was young (in grade school). They meant more to me than the Beatles at one point. There's no mention of Blanche Barrow. shared information about B & C family, how they lived, how they thought, after her capture. So much B & C history and the actual crimes were left out. I guess the show is about Frank Hamer. B & C lives are so much more fascinating. I saw the actual car at the Illinois State Fair. Bonnie wrote so many poems that were published in the news papers. There was a photograph of Frank Hamer with B & C that was not addressed. They got away after that. I don't know, I thought it was boring.

Netflix recently put 8 seasons of 'Death in Paradise' on their list of selections for streaming. It is a TV murder mystery show from BBC show set in the Caribbean that is a cross between 'northern exposure' and 'Murder she wrote'. If you liked the goings on in Cabot Cove, you'll like this show.

+1 Fun show.

Enjoyed the acting. Many/most scenes too dark. Cranked the brightness way up. Still to dark. Might as well have been a radio play. Just me?

I notice that "The Death of Stalin" is now on Netflix (here, at least).

Starring a who's who of British and American character actors. Michael Palin, Steve Buscemi, Jason Isaacs, Jeffrey Tambor. Made by Armando Iannucci.

A dark satire about the struggle for power in the Politburo after the death of Stalin. A great movie. Especially for history enthusiasts.

Rather than being a broad comedy it is a farce focused on the banality of evil and the egos of powerful elderly men.

So well done. Great performances by all. And using their native British or American accents plays up the comedic aspects.

One I would definitely watch again. :popcorn:

I notice that "The Death of Stalin" is now on Netflix (here, at least).
A friend just recommended this movie to me. Unfortunately, it isn't streaming on Netflix in the US. It is available pretty inexpensively from other sources. On our list to watch.

I recently watched "Eddie - Strongman". A documentary about Eddie Hall and his journey to become the strongest man in the world.

Finished bingeing the first 4 seasons of Madame Secretary on Netflix this weekend. Quite good. A bit over the top in the world events for maximum drama, and their grasp on how computers actually work is pretty weak, but Tea Leoni is really fun to watch act, and the representation of strong competent women solving problems both large and small was quite compelling.

Anybody watching the second season of the OA? We kind of stopped after 1.5 episodes, but if someone tells me it's worth it, we'll go back...

Anybody watching the second season of the OA? We kind of stopped after 1.5 episodes, but if someone tells me it's worth it, we'll go back...
I like OA. Just watched the 3rd episode in 2nd season. I'm interested in alternate thoughts on NDE (near death experience). Also, the thought if you changed something about your life, where would you be now? I think you stopped too soon. Give it a few more episodes, then decide.
I really liked "Traitor." Good twists and turns, confusion, good vs evil and the very gray areas.

Last edited:
We will finish the ten-episode “The Five”, created by mystery writer Harlan Coben. To me it started a little slow but it’s very good and the pace has certainly picked up!

Just saw 22 July. The story of the 69 kids that were gunned down in Norway.

Very interesting movie.

I recently watched the Netflix series After Life starring Ricky Gervais.

I found it both heartbreaking and hilarious at the same time. It won't appeal to everyone - if you don't care for British humor you might not like it. It is unlike anything I've seen Gervais do before.

A friend recommended it and I'm very glad they did. A second season will be coming at some point.

I found it both heartbreaking and hilarious at the same time. It won't appeal to everyone - if you don't care for British humor you might not like it. It is unlike anything I've seen Gervais do before.

A friend recommended it and I'm very glad they did. A second season will be coming at some point.
I often thought Ricky Gervais was a bit harsh. This series is sweet and pretty hilarious. I wish I could say some of the stuff he says.

Bonding

We just binge-watched the season one of Bonding. Each episode is about 15 minutes long. Caution, adult humor about a young woman who earns a living as a dominatrix. We found it quite amusing.

Enjoyed Chaos - a movie about a gardener for Louis xiv Versailles. Simple plot. Glorious setting and filming.

I'm halfway through After Life and really enjoying it. Ricky Gervais is a genius, IMHO, and I'm happy he's doing a 2nd season. Just wish there were more episodes per season. At the rate of only one per night, it's over in less than a week!

I often thought Ricky Gervais was a bit harsh. This series is sweet and pretty hilarious. I wish I could say some of the stuff he says.

Yes indeed!

I'm halfway through After Life and really enjoying it. Ricky Gervais is a genius, IMHO, and I'm happy he's doing a 2nd season. Just wish there were more episodes per season. At the rate of only one per night, it's over in less than a week!

That's my only complaint about it too!

We watched it last month. I can see glimmerings of The Office in the newspaper characters. Look forward to season 2!

We watched it last month. I can see glimmerings of The Office in the newspaper characters. Look forward to season 2!

I might have to give The Office a try. I've never seen the British original or the American version. I suspect I would enjoy the British original more.

We binge-watched Downton Abbey on Netflix. Twice in three years. Didn't think I'd like it as much as I did.
Enjoyed Echelon Conspiracy. A bit cheesy, but okay.
The Widow was an eight episode mini-series on Amazon Prime. I liked it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom