New passport

We sent in our passports 2 days ago for renewal on 5/25/23 by the USPS. Everything was checked to make sure it was complete with proper photos and the checks were accurate. Then the next day the news said instead of 8-11 weeks the wait was increased to as much as 13 weeks. We are on a wait list for a trip beginning 9/28/23. If we are confirmed before we get the passports I'm not sure what can be done.

Cheers!

The official wait time is now 10-13 weeks, but you can still spend another $60 bucks and upgrade it to expedited processing if you want to.

They do note on their website that they will make online renewal permanent at the end of this year. They plan on improving the process based off of feedback from the people that renewed online via the pilot program. :dance:

I've been watching this since I'll have to renew next year. And I would like to avoid mailing in my documents via the USPS.

I will be watching as well. Mine expires in 2025 so hopefully this will be up and running and through at least one production debugging cycle before I use it :).

Just want to clarify something:
- I have current passport
- I have a Global Entry renewal application pending.
- I just renewed my driver’s license earlier this month.

Based on this thread, I went to the DHS web site to try to update the license information. There was a “Profile” that could be changed by the user but I didn't see any driver’s license info. There was also the GE renewal application which I could access but which is not changeable by the user once it has been submitted. The instructions say to tell the interviewer of any changes when you go for the interviewer and he/she will make the change.

So I’m curious how some folks above were able to make driver’s license changes. Or maybe I just missed something?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

So I’m curious how some folks above were able to make driver’s license changes. Or maybe I just missed something?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

It was very straightforward when I did it recently.

Did you start out here: https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov
and login to your account?

I'm in NEXUS, but I would assume that GE has the same stuff.

It was very straightforward when I did it recently.

Did you start out here: https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov
and login to your account?

I'm in NEXUS, but I would assume that GE has the same stuff.

Actually, I had a note to myself from a previous encounter to log in through login.gov and then access the DHS travel program from there. I will try it as you suggest and see what happens.

Thank you.

Actually, I had a note to myself from a previous encounter to log in through login.gov and then access the DHS travel program from there. I will try it as you suggest and see what happens.

Thank you.

Operator error. :facepalm:

All fixed now. Thanks.

Received my new passport via post mail on Friday. Total of 11 weeks with no expedite request.

Was able to update my DL and passport information in the global entry system. DL had the wrong expiration date for two years now but it hadn’t mattered in my travels. Still best to keep current I’m sure.

Also tried to update my address. Was able to update the mailing address but the current residence address could not be updated online. I think you have to go to the GE office. I won’t bother.

To the OP, I renewed my passport last year, no expediting fee of any kind, and got the renewed passport very quickly ( 4 weeks or so). Re: Global Entry I can't imagine not paying the $$$ for that. In our 2 international trips, the line was so long for those without Global Entry; we walked through in less than 2 minutes both times.
Smart, under the circumstances. But it begs the question: do we not ALL deserve prompt, speedy customs/tourist entry? ...Just goes to show that EVERYTHING is now a commodity, these days. Next, we'll be paying for air.

Smart, under the circumstances. But it begs the question: do we not ALL deserve prompt, speedy customs/tourist entry? ...Just goes to show that EVERYTHING is now a commodity, these days. Next, we'll be paying for air.

I understand your frustration - but Global Entry is more than a 'fast-pass'... It is part of the trusted traveler program... They pre-verify all of your info and get your biometrics to confirm you are you... If you set off any red flags, you won't qualify to pre-clear via global entry. They verify your address, citizenship/legal residency, valid passport status, DL or state ID card... In other words - you are pre-checked.

What good is having money if you can't pay to skip the line?

I understand your frustration - but Global Entry is more than a 'fast-pass'... It is part of the trusted traveler program... They pre-verify all of your info and get your biometrics to confirm you are you... If you set off any red flags, you won't qualify to pre-clear via global entry. They verify your address, citizenship/legal residency, valid passport status, DL or state ID card... In other words - you are pre-checked.

Yes, but after you have traveled and entered once. They know. Otherwise you should not have a passport and not be allowed in.

After that you are you and just as easily you are already pre-checked.

I've driven to Canada every Summer, except Covid times, and everytime it's like the first time. "why you here" ... etc...
Once they run my passport it should show same guy, same time, same route, WE CAN TRUST HIM.

It's Really because to be more efficient would mean a reduction in the Border Staff, and so it remains complex and slow to ensure jobs.

But if I pay $100 then it's all good although nothing changed !

Update Pre check info

How do you up date your PreCheck info on line. I can't find anywhere on there web site to do it. Thanks.

How do you up date your PreCheck info on line. I can't find anywhere on there web site to do it. Thanks.

I believe you would do that with the airline you're going to fly on. They are the ones who put the PreCheck on your boarding pass.

I was looking to update passport and driver license numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update - Received 3/28. So 2 months. Not bad.

Went in and updated all my Global Entry and Airline info with the new number. Good until 2033!

Back
Top Bottom