New Vanguard login security

Yep,
Also logged in today from my wife's computer, on the same LAN, and had to remember who that best childhood friend was, and now tell my wife the answers to these most intimate questions, so she can log into Vanguard, too!

I haven't gotten it yet. I don't feel special =/ But it's certainly not all regular customers. I'm a lowly regular customer and I haven't gotten the picture stuff yet.

BUM said:
So they don't look only at the PC but which browser you are using. Each browser must have their own cookie jar.

Yes, each browser does keep track of its cookies.

Well, when I login today, the site asks to name an image and provide answers for three questions that you select.

I also clear my cookies on a regular basis for security and privacy. I use a free program called CleanCache and I have it set up to clear all the cookies for sites that I have not bookmarked, whenever I close a browser. Looks like I should add a bookmark to Vanguard soon.

BTW, the Vanguard feature that allows me to see my accounts at other institutions stopped letting me see my Emigrant Direct account when they implemented their new security system. It was a bit unsettling when my reported net worth dropped by the $80k I have there :)
Security has a convenience cost.

Seems like all the major online financial sites are beefing up security recently. I wonder if there is a gang of cybercriminals who are raiding people's stashes. This is one thing I never really hear reported in the news. I suppose the banks are legally responsible if they let someone impersonate you and clean out your stash, so I assume the reason I haven't heard much about it is that the institutions themselves are the victims and they surely don't want publicity about giving away people's money to thieves.

ESRBob said:
Just got my turn ugrading to the new Vanguad login security level.

This is the most advanced one I've used yet.

hmmm.... I know its not as sexy as Vanguard, but my Bank of America visa card account has been doing this for a year.

Back
Top Bottom