New Year's Eve plans?

EastWest Gal

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Last year I was w***ing. This year my family and DS's best friend are bowling. It's a great activity for introverts. You're around people but the activity precludes most conversation.

Many years I've gone to bed early.

So what are you all doing this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Babysitting two little girls overnighting at our house. Everyone goes to bed early in this case. Bowling sounds like fun.

Watching college football and going to bed early.

We're heading out at about 6am tomorrow for our first RV adventure so need a good night's sleep.

Went to dinner at 5, home by 6:30, took a little nap, watched the Blackhawks game. Now ready for bed at 10:15.

Binge watching season 4 of Major Crimes on Amazon Prime. At home safe and sound. I leave the roads to the drunken revelers around here.

I turned down an invitation to a party as I really didn't want to have to drive 20 km home alone on icy roads with some impaired drivers on them. Instead I completed my expense accounting for 2015 and was happy to find that I was significantly under budget. Now making supper. May watch a movie before turning in early.

Went to movie, dinner, and then local microbrew as they were opening a new cask conditioned ale tonight. Wrapped that all up by 10 as honey is already asleep, as usually, I'll likely wake him for a midnight kiss. I don't think he's ever made it to midnight.

I don't drink, and I don't really care for NYE parties. I love to spend a peaceful NYE at home so I don't have to drive out there amidst all the lunatics.

Tonight I'm playing in Excel, adding up my 2015 spending, looking at the differences between years, figuring out exactly how much my move *really* cost, preparing my 2016 spreadsheets, figuring how much get from Vanguard tomorrow for my 2016 spending money.... my kind of fun. :)

Frank came over for a while and we watched some Netflix. He may come back over later on. This is our first NYE living next door to one another and it's nice.

If I get bored with messing around in Excel (ha! like it would happen), then I might relax with a video game for a little while. Dreaming of a wonderful 2016 for all as I listen to the fireworks in the streets.

Last edited:
I wrote my 2015 in Review post for my blog and then posted it to my blog's Facebook page. Then I started working on closing out 2015 in YNAB. I am currently working on updating my net worth as of the end of the year. Then I will work on getting YNAB in order for the start of the year (I do each year as a separate budget) and refining my budget. Yes, all of this passes for fun for me.

We always go out on NYE, but for the first time ever we didn't this year - because we both have colds! An early casual dinner out, home for a movie and a couple Smashing Pumpkins**, both asleep about 10:30pm.

1/3 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur
1/3 oz Bailey's® Irish cream
1/3 oz Goldschlager® cinnamon schnapps

Add ingredients to a small shaker with ice. Stir. Strain into a shot glass.

We went out to dinner to celebrate DWs birthday. DiD is visiting with her family and the grandkids (6&4) were great, especially since they'd never eaten Indian food. We came home, had some cake, let the kids run around to work off the sugar high. DW and I were in bed out the normal time.

Some people in the neighborhood set off some fireworks around midnight, but that was about it.

Went to a nearby friends house for small get together. A dozen couples, age range from early 50s to early 60s. Reminisced about the wildest New Years eve celebrations we did when young :D, and the days when we would stay up through New Years morning to a champagne breakfast, finally crash around 10/11 AM, and wake up in the evening. Noted how doing that now would likely accelerate achieving room temperature :) . Midnight toast, set off some legal fireworks, and we all dispersed back to our homes by 1AM.

Just went downstairs and found youngest kid and several friends dozing in the man cave/projector room They had gone out to various houses visiting college/military friends who were in town, and a group ended up in our house for some marathon Netflix watching. DW and I are whipping up breakfast for them, we'll see if it is still warm by the time they wake up. :LOL:

We have a tradition of pretty much ignoring it. Watched the 10 O'Clock news, then fell asleep.

We went out to dinner early, a couple of errands while out, home to a relaxed evening of napping, watching TV, and waking up to watch fireworks perfectly framed in the window from neighbors down the way. Fortunately they went big this year, which meant they didn't go long :)

We went to a chamber music concert. Never been before and I enjoyed it.
Home by midnight.

We never do much. I grew up in a home where New Years (Hogmanay), specifically New Years eve was as big an event as Christmas.

We went to a progressive dinner at 7:30 then returned to our patio at 11 to await the amazing display around the Bay (Banderas Bay). There were a dozen fantastic displays including the main zocalo that went on for 30 minutes. After that, the parties kept us awake for another 2 hours. So we are moving slowly this morning. Lots of Luminaries too. I would guess 4 dozen.

We stayed home and had a great steak and lobster dinner. I managed to stay up until midnight but the wife was asleep about 10:30.

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1451667286.014066.jpg

We stayed home. DW was absolutely miserable NYE with a bad cold (better this morning) so we didn't give a thought to going anywhere. Being introverts anyway and knowing that many are DWI later on we usually don't go out.

I just watched a couple of documentaries on youtube and had a couple glasses of wine.

Make spicy fried chicken and watched a movie in Netflix that was recommended by another member here.
Went to bed at midnight. Trying to figure out why I now feel like it's 10 pm when it's only 7 pm 😵

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom