Newly Retired

umograd83

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hello, all. I’m Norma and recently retired on 8/17/18 at age 60. I’ve had enough of the rat race and so has DH. That night, we packed the U-Haul truck and started our move from Maine to Florida the next day. We arrived in Florida on Monday night and have been unpacking since. I thought retirement was supposed to be relaxing!?!? DH doesn’t retire until 9/7/18. I’ve been reading these boards for about a year now and have learned a lot. Here’s to the best years of our lives!!!

Norma

Welcome fellow Florida retiree. I love Florida. The only thing missing is Allagash beer from Maine......

Congratulations Norma,
Welcome to Florida. We love it here, although that coastal red tide stuff is really getting old!

Welcome and congrats on retirement and your move to FL. "Winters" are going to be a whole lot different than Maine...ha.ha.

Welcome and congrats on retirement and your move to FL. "Winters" are going to be a whole lot different than Maine...ha.ha.

That’s the whole idea! I don’t mind two months of winter, but five months is ridiculous. We’ll be going to Maine a few months in the summer.

Welcome and good luck! I just retired too, and it's been one of the happiest months of my life. Every day seems delicious! Enjoy Florida, am thinking of moving there in a few years.

Hello, all. I’m Norma and recently retired on 8/17/18 at age 60. I’ve had enough of the rat race and so has DH. That night, we packed the U-Haul truck and started our move from Maine to Florida the next day. We arrived in Florida on Monday night and have been unpacking since. I thought retirement was supposed to be relaxing!?!? DH doesn’t retire until 9/7/18. I’ve been reading these boards for about a year now and have learned a lot. Here’s to the best years of our lives!!!

Norma

Hi and Congrats. Shoot us a pic of the area and home. . We all love pics and new adventures :)
All the best

Congrats Norma and welcome to the free zone! It's way better over here. Make sure to send in the special ops team in a few weeks and rescue the one left behind.

We have weeks in retirement that are very leisurely and relaxing. The last few have not been! :confused:

weather-envy! I've moved from the 5months of winter 5x, but I keep coming back... DOH! (Family/Friends). But when we retire, no location will be off the radar. FL looks very promising if they keep the state taxes at bay.

I visit FL every year in the worst of our cold. It helps, temporarily. This year...Sarasota baby!

Welcome Norma and congratulations!

Sorry to hear you are moving out of Maine ("The Way Life Should Be"), although I understand. Our winters aren't for everyone. Once my wife fully retires, we plan to minimize those months with a bit of travel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom