News of OAP?

OldAgePensioner said:
FinanceDude,
Funny story: I used to post on uncbasketball.com (now defunct) and the East coast mods were pretty posterior aperture retentive. So about midniight, several of us would start posting the most outrageous rumors, lies and stuff about basketball recruiting.

The West coast mod (Brownie) would actually join in and so between midnight and about 2-3 in the morning we would be trashing the East coast mods, the forum owner and other East coast posters. And making up stories about players (all the things that would get you banned quick)

So everyone on the West coast would see all these outrageous posts for 3-4 hours, then Brownie would delete it before hitting the sack.

Even multi-multi-millionaire agent Bret Bearup (former Kentucky player) would join in. Another one joining in was KIK84 who is a Wall St. broker and mega-millionaire.

I got to be pretty good offline pals with those guys and Bret offered to take me on the Paris basketball tournament tour he does every year. I couldn't cause I was in England and tied to work.

So there are end-runs, unless the board gets a mod in India or the Iran, the mods have to sleep sometime. :D

I hope the mods don't see this. I hit the "Cloak to Mods" button, I hope.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Youre' killin' me!!! :D

OldAgePensioner said:
TromboneAl,
Thanks for remembering me and asking. I assure you the rumour (English spelling) of my demise is under-rated.

I just visited NYC to rent a condo and saw your likeness on the marquee in Times Square or maybe it was Letterman. In a little club around the corner at 330 W. 48th St. some dudes were playin Albert Collins "I Ain't Drunk, I'm just Drinkin" and they added a trombone player to the mix but I noticed that he couldn't play fourth line bass clef to fourth line treble clef, so I knew it wasn't you.

There's a large guitar shop on 50th St. (I think) and they will let you play any of the used equipment they sell so I spent some time doing Coco Montoya's "I Can't Get My A$$ in Gear" and Joe Bonomassa's "Faux Martini" for the crowd of 3. But it was a 1960's Les Paul Classic with Tobacco Burst finish and so it may have sounded a little slow. $2,999 seems like a bargin.

As for me, thanks for asking, I'm doing well with all things healthwise, and still trying to find my way home. As a very good friend pointed out
Søren Kierkegaard felt he was an exception to life and a solitary wanderer, maybe I'm just lost. I musta got lost

I read the board but feel like I outlasted my over-stay.

Looks like you had a great time in Hawaii.

And mja, are you mj, if so, how is the wandering going?

To all, if ever in NYC look me up, if I haven't been killed by then I'll gladly show the city, which according to sources, nearly everyone is carrying.
Cheers,
OAP

EDIT: Several mist speelings?

Hey, OAP, been out-o-pocket for a day or three. Ah, Albert Collins (but you're so high...) and J. Geils Band (first I look at the purse). Know what you mean about "maybe a little slow". I play real slow, but with a lot of feeeeling!

Go ahead, bite the Big Apple! :p

Back
Top Bottom