nm

Re: Lake Michigan Fishing Trip

Cutthroat:

Now, we're talking. ( A definate upgrade from political discussion).
Nice small-mouth. Whenever my wife feels like fish, we have a lake (high elevation) that is full of small mouth, and they produce the firmest, best tasting small-mouth I have ever had.
In our neck of the woods, carp are a problem fish, and a great deal of money and time is spent on eliminating them. Shooting them, and bow and arrow, are not only
legal, but encouraged.
Probably a different species, but our carp are very listless, and have no stamina.
You know how a big brown has a tendency to stay low when possible, one of our carps (In a stream), has the same tendency, and sometimes it feels like a brown, but in about 15 seconds, you know its a carp. Some of those big guys can take you forever, if you're fishing with light tackle, so I usually just cut my line, and save 15 minutes or so.(Our guys never make a run, they just hug the bottem, and force you to attempt to get their head up).
Have heard a great deal about bone-fishing, and the reputation they have for being fighters. If your carp are like bone-fish, they are definantly a different species than we get up here.
It's all good though.
By the way, talk about coincidences, after reading your last post, I just about (an inch or so close), asked you for some more fishing posts.
Never have done much lake fishing, (love the streams), but you have got to be in hog heaven in Minnesotta for lake fishing.
Really enjoy your fishing photos.
Jarhead

I don't even care a whit about fishing, but I agree that this is better any day than a political discussion here!

Anne
who has no pix of self, significant others, or friends with big fish

"Carp-A-ThonsRe: Lake Michigan Fishing Trip

Hello Anne, Cut-Throat and all. I am familiar with carp,
bonefishing and bass (that's a dandy Cut-Throat).
The river we live on is loaded with carp. Some people
fish for them, although I don't personally. I know they
are excellent smoked, but I never did it myself. They have a lot of fishing touraments around here, including
a couple "Carp-A-Thons" Now that I no longer hunt,
I do a lot more fishing. It's become my favored
outdoor activity (outdoor sex is a distant memory).
Finally, Anne is right, this beats political debate no matter how you slice it.

John Galt

I heard they were good smoked, but I couldnt ever keep one lit.

I have a shot of me at "the arch" on cabo san lucas with about a 1" fish that ended up caught in my swimsuit shorts.

More trouble than its worth to post. Picture it in your mind.

have a shot of me at "the arch" on cabo san lucas with about a 1" fish that ended up caught in my swimsuit shorts.

Are you sure it was a fish TH ? - Things do tend to shrink when swimming. I believe that there was a Seinfield episode on this very topic. :D

I'm afraid some things are just too grand to be affected by "shrinkage". No, I believe even after shrinkage the photo might resemble the one of your friend and the fish. Except for the scales, fins, eyes, and all that other fishy stuff... :D

I recall a few times when a female said to me "My,
that's a big one!". Alas, she was always talking about
a fish :)

John Galt

Back
Top Bottom