Noo Yawker trying to BBQ

Doing CPR on this thread.....:LOL:

Please review the photos and provide a simple equation....please submit all answers by Wed weigh-ins day.

I dunno, but if you try BBQ-ing that dog, the animal lovers are gonna shut down your thread! >:D

-ERD50

Here is a recipe for a white bbq sauce if you are looking to try something a little different. I know it's popular in the south, but not sure about other areas of the country. The link below is from a noon tv show in Mobile, AL featuring my nephew. Shameless promotion.:blush: He's the tall one in the middle. I like their traditional sauce the best, but the white sauce is good for a change.

Moe's Original BBQ - Moe's on WKRG News 5

Dinner is solved

I need to amend the "Noo Yawker trying to BBQ" title...my co-chef and bottle washer is a Bostonian.
So here is what 2 Damn Yankees came up with for a final product. :cool:

Attachments

• ribsfinal.jpg.jpg
    ribsfinal.jpg.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 3
Good looking nephew, Dawg, and I love his voice! The sauce sounds really good too.

Your ribs are looking good, FB! Does your four-legged helper get to try them too?

...Your ribs are looking good, FB! Does your four-legged helper get to try them too?

I dunno, but if you try BBQ-ing that dog, the animal lovers are gonna shut down your thread! >:D

-ERD50
For the record, Miss Lijah ("Rocket Dog") snuck her little snout in the picture at the last minute and is still bouncing around sans BBQ sauce.

The ribs turned out perfect...smoked them for 3 hours with only Red Rub and then slathered them with Mutha Sauce for last 30 minutes. I have to give credit to the Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse NY http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/syrIndex.php
for the recipes and my "imaginary friends" here for the equipment recommendations and techniques. :flowers:
My new friend from Boston ;) read this entire thread before I handed him the charcoal bag and lighter fluid. He was very impressed with the recipes and smoking techniques y'all gave me to follow.

Could not stand it anymore, fired up my old Char Broil water smoker on some chicken and ribs, fresh apple wood for smoke with a little oak thrown in.
Philly Burbs.
Old Mike
Woooohooooo
Inspiration (and maybe some persipration :whistle:) took hold. How did they turn out? :cool:

"Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas Alva Edison

I think that must be the stuff they call 'sauce'. I guess it's ok as he put it on ribs, but he would be run out of Texas if he tried to put that on brisket.:)

Back
Top Bottom