Noobie/rollover question

sethlaz

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello everyone! I'm looking forward getting some good retirement/investment advice.

I happened across the forum while looking for an answer to a rollover/conversion question I have. I looked through the FAQs but couldn't find an answer to my exact situation so any input would be appreciated.

Here's the breakdown. I had a SEP IRA and a ROTH IRA that both lost half their value in 2002-2003. I pretty much let them sit there until Jan 2007 when I moved them to another investment firm. I transfered the ROTH over and transfered the SEP to a traditional IRA. I'm now thinking about transferring the traditional IRA to the ROTH and am wondering about the tax implications and any other pitfalls I may encounter.

Thanks again - any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. Any idea what the implications are if I'm getting married in Nov - would our AGI have to be under $100k for 2008 or can I convert before I get married?

Sorry, the $100,000 AGI limit applies if you are married or if you are single and because you will be married in 2008 the limit applies.

You could wait and get married next year. ;)

I'll run that by my finance and see where that gets me....

Back
Top Bottom