Nothing important, but...

rs0460a

Full time employment: Posting here.
As of today, 99 (calendar days) till E.R. (May 1) :D

Just another milestone in my life - thought I'd share it...

- Ron

75 days here!

But who's counting?!

43 days that I'm 'supposed to' show up. With comp, vacation, and personal days I COULD go at the end of this month! But I'm staying just to p*ss of a few w*rk mates! :D

Ron:

good luck to you, you must be jazzed !!

I've got 177 bottles of beer on the wall

I'm counting the days, too

2168 days to go......

Sounds like a party every month for a while! I adore exit parties. The drinks are so sweet!

I'm still counting calendar months (38), but I look forward to when I can change that to working days.

DW is away at present so I walked down to our local pub and sat outside in the sunshine having a couple of foaming ales to wash down the fish and chips, and dreamt of when everyday would be a Sunday.

It must feel good to get under triple digits.

Are you doing anything special in the next few months to prepare?

DangerMouse said:
Are you doing anything special in the next few months to prepare?

As for wo*k, nothing, other than to turn over my duties to others. I'm still awaiting my "replacement" (the j*b has been posted, but interviews are still in progress). Kind of funny seeing the requirements of my "position" on the company intranet; I never knew I had so many responsibilities :D ...

DW/me usually take a spring and fall vacation; one in the U.S. and one "outside" (various places). We were to go to Australia in the fall (3-4 weeks), but since DW changed her retirement date (was to be also May, but now she has "second thoughts") we booked a Danube River cruise for a shorter amount of time (only two weeks), in September. We will keep the trip "down under" for when DW becomes "emotionally ready" to leave. No pressure on her.

Things I'm doing from a financial sense is making the preliminary decisions on conversion of my employee cash balance account (where it will go - how it will be invested) but I won't discuss that here. Since my income for the rest of the year will come from non-retirement accounts, I don't need to actually move anything till early next year (my wife's status at that time will affect my direction and I need not do anything immediately).

Oh yes; I actually have only 71 wo*k days (no vacation - and just the Good Friday holiday) left, but I'll just count the calendar entries (I may not be at work on the weekend, but I'm still "engaged" enough to think about wo*k.

DW/me will probably have a small "addition" to our family in the spring (no, not what you think, but see my profile links). I've already told the "adoption agency" that we will add a "third" to the two that we currently "support" ;) .

- Ron

Congratulations on being a short timer. I am visualizing a helmet with a pair of boot sticking out of the bottom of it.

bssc said:
Congratulations on being a short timer.
I love the "You're so short..." game! My turn: "You're so short that you can't touch the bottom of the door when you walk under it."

Veterans, what's your favorite short-timer's line?

Nords said:

"Remember me??"

Attachments

• shortimer01.jpg
    shortimer01.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 14
  • shortimer01.jpg_thumb
    25.1 KB · Views: 1
Nords said:
I love the "You're so short..." game! My turn: "You're so short that you can't touch the bottom of the door when you walk under it."

Going old school on you here. In Korea you were "short" if your replacement was in last week of boot camp. (Versus the poor guy whose replacement hadn't enlisted yet.) ;)

Incidentally, mine was almost completed boot camp, and I beat him to it,
with a 5 day stop in a "Mash Unit", and two weeks at Balboa Naval Hospital.
in San Diego.

Talking about being "short" was roughly equivilant to a pitcher talking about having a no-hitter going. ;)

Back
Top Bottom