Now you can leave your heirs your ink when you die

But people do save ashes, too. I have come across ashes with flowers on the trail at one of the National Parks more than once and reported it. I think something like that could affect small kids, as would a tattoo in a frame.

Ashes are different. My 6-year old granddaughter asked what was in the large, handmade box on my dresser. I asked DDIL if it was OK if I told her and and she agreed. I explained it was DH's ashes and that I took little bits of them to the different countries I'd visited since he died (I'm up to 25!). I showed her the large transparent plastic bag and I think she asked what we were having for dinner. Their grandfather in the other side was cremated the year before. I've also pointed out roadside displays where someone was killed- not to scare them but to point out that you have to be careful on the road. They were particularly interested in one near me where a motorcyclist was killed. I'm hoping it's a lesson that motorcycles are vulnerable and that car drivers have to watch out for them.

I suspect that if they sent anyone out to clear ashes from the path they were likely dispersed by wind or rain in the meantime.

Totally agreed on framed tattoos but they're not a thing in our family.

Back
Top Bottom