OK, fess up, what did Santa bring you ?

A box of chocolates, some scented bath fizzies, and a gift card to a restaurant that we both really like.

Plus, yesterday I ordered a pretty watch, socks, and a few other things from Amazon. The way I see it, there's no law against helping out Santa and he's been working pretty hard lately.

Still loving my new "2017 iPad" that I got on Black Friday for a song, thanks to forum members that alerted me to how low the price would be on Black Friday. This model is just perfect for my needs.

Last edited:
Microwave popcorn popper, Starbucks coffee and cups, and some holiday dish towels and pot holders.

But I got my first smartphone during the November Black Friday sale.

I gave way more then I received ( two pairs of shorts and a pair of Khaki's), but it's all good. The look on my 2 year old's face was worth a lot more! Tonight, he informed me that he does not have a big screen TV in his bedroom and was fine when I told him to put it on his list for next year.

I got an iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil - very excited about learning to use it. Originally wanted the iPad and didn’t think the Pro was worth it but the Pencil changed my mind. Got the 256G model with cellular capability.

Also got lots of kitchen items I wanted, some cool new athletic socks I asked for, my favorite lotion, awesome beer coozies, and some nice chocolate.

DH & I bought ourselves a Nespresso machine - we love it! Plus some espresso and cappuccino cups and a storage holder for the pods.

We gave a lot this year too. Unlike many others here, I love gifting. I enjoy coming up with creative ideas, wrapping packages, and surprising people with thoughtful gifts. And I love having gifts to open. I enjoy giving and receiving a combination of requested items from a list, plus some creative ideas that weren’t on the list.

The new computer that I am sending this from (well, I guess I did that).

An electric blanket. And an interesting mystery novel by the norwegian Jørgen Jæger. Varm wool socks (yay!) and a pyjamas.

We stopped exchanging gifts with everyone but our kids 10 years ago. WE take all the kids out to an expensive restaurant sometime during Dec. My oldest son and his wife are facing huge medical bills in the new year due to a surgery that is urgent so we told all the kids no gifts for anyone. The surgery is out of town in an expensive city so will be expensive for everyone to go.

A pressure washer surface cleaner to use on my drive and sidewalk/patio (https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200659584_200659584). I borrowed a less expensive version of this tool (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Homelite-15-in-EZ-Clean-Gas-Surface-Cleaner-AEZ31023/203105727) from a neighbor this past summer and was thoroughly impressed with how much better it was vs. me just spraying/cleaning with the standard wand/nozzle. I'm a bit of a tool nut thus the reason for the stainless vs. plastic recommendation to my wife for the purchase. Got a few other things, but this is surely my favorite.

A red Kitchen Aid stand mixer with pasta attachments. I have wanted one for a really long time!

A lovely candle, handmade candy, gift cards, a dinner made for us at home. Most of all, time with kids, grandkids, and extended family. A wonderful week of celebrations so far and our annual "end of year" celebration dinner out with kids/grands will be coming up this weekend.

We stopped exchanging gifts with everyone but our kids 10 years ago. WE take all the kids out to an expensive restaurant sometime during Dec. My oldest son and his wife are facing huge medical bills in the new year due to a surgery that is urgent so we told all the kids no gifts for anyone. The surgery is out of town in an expensive city so will be expensive for everyone to go.

Hope the surgery goes well. The best gift will be restoration of health!

For the first time ever my DH and I did not exchange gifts. It was different but fine. We got nice stuff from our kids, gift certificates, socks, nice chocolates, etc. My Mom still gets us money :) My brother hosted a very nice family gathering with all of my siblings and all of the next gen was able to be there. We got a great family photo.

My sister gave us tickets to the touring show off Hamilton. DH got me a very pretty, sparkly hair comb he purchased off of Etsy. (He'd seen someone else with one and asked her where she got it.... He'd never heard of Etsy previously) but the big gift was the 2017 Subaru I bought in late August.

A fancy new CO2 charged PFD... to go with my new kayak (that I bought with retirement money). It even has a whistle!

I got a few small items all needed soo that was a good thing. My son gifted me a spotting scope for observing big game or anything that you need to bring up close and personal. LOL

It is something I have looked to get for myself but just couldn't pay that much for a good one. Well, he did it for me and it was a loving gift and will be used a lot.

I got a really nice bright blue record turntable for playing my father-in-laws classical collection, which we inherited. It goes perfectly with my vintage tube audio system.

A new Kindle (as the old one decided to stop charging), an IP Security camera (as there have been too many break-ins and general mischief in the neighborhood), and an Air Fryer.

The IP Security camera has been fun, maybe I"ll finally figure out which neighbors dog is pooping in my yard without cleaning up.

Which camera did you get? I have the same poop problem!

Which camera did you get? I have the same poop problem!

HOCOSY HD 960P Wireless IP Camera. I haven't had experience with other cameras, but this one seemed to do the trick. $6 cloud storage is way cheaper than any of the security companies I'd have to pay for. I also like the fact it has two way audio. I can now yell get off my lawn and not even be home.

A new Toyota Prius with all sorts of fun driver-less features we'll be a bit getting used to. We bought the car the day after Christmas, which is apparently the busiest day of the year for car sales. Who knew? I thought everyone would be too broke from the holiday to be looking to spend more money.

We made an honest effort to buy it used, first visiting CarMax, but for the second time in a row the difference between a lightly used two year old vehicle at CarMax vs. a brand new one at the Toyota dealership was such a small amount, just $3,000, that it didn't make sense to buy used. Plus the new one included a backup navigation screen and the above driver-less features as standard equipment, where the older one did not. In both cases we purchased the basic factory standard vehicle, so perhaps if we were comparing a used vehicle loaded with bells and whistles to a new vehicle likewise loaded, the CarMax price would look better?

We also locked in the price online with the e-Salesman prior to going onto the lot. That took all the stress out of the transaction, and it was practically pleasant as a result, in that we weren't financing anything, so no interest rate to haggle over either.

Last edited:
Toshiba 3T hard drive, 2 pair of Duluth Trading Co sweat pants, Summer Moon coffee beans, and two bags of Boom Chicka Pop popcorn.

Back
Top Bottom