Oldest human ever dies...longevity secret is..wait for it

kgtest

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Oldest human dies in Indonesia... at age 146.

Some fun facts,

A heavy smoker until the end
Secret to longevity is having people near who care and love
Outlived, 4 wives, 10 siblings, all his children, and presumebly all his dough :cool:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39768321

He beat the 2nd oldest recorded human by what 20 some years lol. Guess that puts a snag in my SWR...time to update the spreadsheets...$hit.

No, it's in the water he drinks.

An entrepreneur would bottle the local Indonesian water, and import it to the US.

This Camel?

This Camel?

+1

I don't remember that commercial but yes indeed. If you notice, I'm an ex-camel smoker, those are non-filter Camels and an older pack design. If you look closely at the camel's front leg the naked lady is very visible. Later packs made her harder to find.

In my youth, I smoked Camel occasionally, and it was always non-filter. Also non-filter 555, Dunhill, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall, etc... Filter cigarette was for wimps.

+1

I don't remember that commercial but yes indeed. If you notice, I'm an ex-camel smoker, those are non-filter Camels and an older pack design. If you look closely at the camel's front leg the naked lady is very visible. Later packs made her harder to find.

Snopes says NOPE. Maybe a naked man, but no naked women.

Evidently he didn't pass on the longevity genes to his children.

I dunno. Chesterfields had some pretty convincing proof that they were healthy.

^^^ The announcer for Cherterfield said "no adverse effects on nose, throat, sinuses after a 16-month study". He did not say anything about lungs. :)

You are better off sticking with the doctors' favorite: Camel.

That's what I used to smoke...Camels, unfiltered. Used to buy them in the PX when I was in the military for $1.20/carton. :cool:

"claimed to be 146 years old"
exactly - show me the birth certificate

+1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_verified_oldest_people

The oldest anyone has ever been verified to have lived, was 122 years old, and even that was disputed. According to the link I gave, the oldest person right now is 116; I think 146 years old is a huge pile of BS. I keep track of this stuff to figure out what length of retirement to put into FIRECalc.

I know, I know.... the eternal optimist! :2funny:

But so far, so good. I can remember watching Eisenhower's (first term) inauguration parade on the TV at my pre-school while I was making a 4-year-old's idea of "art" out of clay. I think that officially makes me older than Methuselah.

+1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_verified_oldest_people

The oldest anyone has ever been verified to have lived, was 122 years old, and even that was disputed. According to the link I gave, the oldest person right now is 116. I keep track of this stuff to figure out what length of retirement to put into FIRECalc.

I know, I know.... the eternal optimist! :2funny:

Even Jeanne Calment's verified age is now being challenged I believe.
You might have to lower your denominator and up your WR%. :D

Even Jeanne Calment's verified age is now being challenged I believe.
You might have to lower your denominator and up your WR%. :D

I only use 117 usually. :D Well, either that or 93. I like to try a lot of different possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom