One of the good things about ER!!!

UncleHoney

Full time employment: Posting here.
Just think, you get up in the morning, it's snowing like crazy. So you tune into the traffic jam cams around town and you get to see what you're missing.

Think I'll get another cup of tea. :2funny:

Attachments

• traffic-jam.jpg
    traffic-jam.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 17
I never had to fight that in my little old town but if I were still working, I would have auditors on my a$$ for the next 3 weeks. Instead, I'm on my second cup of coffee and surfing the net.

Tee time today, 10:30am. Life is good. :cool:

A good day to be retired...

I was awakened this morning by the sounds of windshield scraping and driveway clearing.

An eyeball estimate is about four inches of fluffy stuff.

Beautiful stuff up here in Dublin, Ohio. The commute to put out the very big city furnished trash thing was tough (glad it has wheels) had to go out and down the 22 foot driveway. Got back in and poured the coffee headed downstairs to crank up the computers. Hope the Condo association clears the snow by about 4 pm when I have to make the long trip to the mail kiosk or maybe I will just forget it until tomorrow or the next day. BTW I voted yesterday - got the absentee ballots filled out - they even sent SASE to return them - cost to vote - nothing.

Wish I was ER'd..

I was awakened at 5:30 this morning by my alarm, as usual, but felt sick and utterly, totally exhausted so I couldn't drag myself out of bed until 6:00. No snow here so I got to work by 6:30, a half hour late.

Now, I'm looking at my sick leave balance and wondering if I am sick enough to justify (to myself) using it. Nothing going on anyway. Why should I feel that I have to justify using it? It's mine to use. But, I do.

If I was ER'd, I'd still be sleeping blissfully and I would probably have awakened around 9:00 feeling a lot better. Then I would make a pot of coffee, wrap myself in my fleece blanket and enjoy finding out all that happened in the world while I was sleeping.

I coummute, No More! I snow blow the driveway at 6:00am No More! I eat my "breakfast bar" at my desk at 6:45am, No More!

I still get up with the dogs at about 7-7:30am. But they usually go back to sleep after that and I may or may not crawl back into bed for a half hour; because I can. Get up, drink coffee while chatting with DW and watching the puppies play or snooze on our laps. Eat some breakfast and then shower (or not) and get on with the day.

Rough Day. :D

I do believe you're turning into a revivalist preacher, Steve.

I commute, No More!

Amen!

I snow blow the driveway at 6:00am No More!

Amen, brother!

I eat my "breakfast bar" at my desk at 6:45am, No More!

THANK you, JESUS!

You guys make me jealous..........:)

Yesterday (3 degrees). Got up at 5:30am. Plow had come through and deposited several large chunks of solid ice,maybe 40 pounds each, along with 7 inches of frozen slush.

Had to use the ice spade to break up the ice. Slipped and tweaked my left knee shoveling all that ice. Got done at 6:15, got ready, in my office by 7:30am. Breakfast at my desk, then on to a day of work.

My son got sick at school,so I had to go pick him up. Tried to work from home, but he needed me,so I tossed in the towel on the workday...........

Someday I'll be like you guys..........:)

I thought about getting the snow blower out about 6 this morning and just making a pass down the drive, just to make sure the neighbors were awake. Maybe I'll just make a recording and have the computer play it over some outdoor speakers.

That would be nasty. :D

I thought about getting the snow blower out about 6 this morning and just making a pass down the drive, just to make sure the neighbors were awake. Maybe I'll just make a recording and have the computer play it over some outdoor speakers.

Do it...........I'll be the cuss words from all the sleepy DH's in the neighborhood would be deafening.........:D

#$%^%*(##((( SNOW!!!!

My commute was from my bedroom to my patio. No traffic problems here! :)

I do believe you're turning into a revivalist preacher, Steve.

I commute, No More!

Amen!

I snow blow the driveway at 6:00am No More!

Amen, brother!

I eat my "breakfast bar" at my desk at 6:45am, No More!

THANK you, JESUS!

DW's family is Pentecostal....so I guess it is rubbing off on me. :angel:

Back in my w*rking days, I had to do just that to get a path for DW to get out of the driveway. Sometimes at 5:30am. I have 2000 sq. ft of driveway (side entry garage) so it takes a while. Never saw anybody else out that early. Now I do it when I feel like it (or not). :cool:

I was awakened at 5:30 this morning by my alarm, as usual, but felt sick and utterly, totally exhausted so I couldn't drag myself out of bed until 6:00. No snow here so I got to work by 6:30, a half hour late.

Now, I'm looking at my sick leave balance and wondering if I am sick enough to justify (to myself) using it. Nothing going on anyway. Why should I feel that I have to justify using it? It's mine to use. But, I do.

Go home and rest. (from someone who took SL this week)

Go home and rest. (from someone who took SL this week)

Thinking about it. If I leave in 20 minutes, I would only have to use 2 hours SL. I'd beat the traffic and could crawl into bed for a long nap. :dead:

I've heard rumor...and seen reports...that it's been cold and snowy outside my house! But I can't really attest to it......because my 'commute' this morning was from the bedroom to the balcony of my rented condo, to watch the sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean in Daytona Beach! :D Last week it was to watch the sunset over the Gulf in Clearwater Beach! Someday, when I hear that Spring is nearing, I'll head back up to [-]the Arctic Circle[/-] northern IL. :2funny:

I'm jealous. Horrible commuting this winter for me. In the last week we had 2- 10 inch snow falls with a ice storm in between that left a half inch of pure ice on the roads. The highway on my way home from work looked like a junk yard. Within 15 miles there was a semi in the ditch another one jack knifed on the highway three other cars in the ditch and a fresh 3 car accident just before my exit and that was at 5:30 in the morning when there are very few cars on the road around here. If I were retired I would've spent at least the last week in the house. I may have gone outside every other day to get the mail but that's it.

I left sunny Florida to arrrive in Jamestown,NY via sleet in Philadelphia to meet my first biological grandchild and it was so worth it . He's the cutest baby I've ever seen .

Raining this morning. Rain tomorrow too.:( No golf but still a great day to be retired. Maybe I will head down to the library and do some snooping around. Read the WSJ and see if there are any good dvd's to check out. Who knows, might be a cute librarian willing to let her hair hang down. :cool:

I'm jealous. Horrible commuting this winter for me. In the last week we had 2- 10 inch snow falls with a ice storm in between that left a half inch of pure ice on the roads. The highway on my way home from work looked like a junk yard. Within 15 miles there was a semi in the ditch another one jack knifed on the highway three other cars in the ditch and a fresh 3 car accident just before my exit and that was at 5:30 in the morning when there are very few cars on the road around here. If I were retired I would've spent at least the last week in the house. I may have gone outside every other day to get the mail but that's it.

Yeah, this is the worst winter since, well,right around the year you were born.......1979, right??

....Maybe I will head down to the library and do some snooping around. Read the WSJ and see if there are any good dvd's to check out. Who knows, might be a cute librarian willing to let her hair hang down. :cool:

I do that on my lunch 1/2 hour. One day while on vacation I went to the library at 9:30 a.m and the guard said, "are you retired now?" It felt sooooo goooood. I now call 9:30 a.m., "the hour of the retiree." Looking forward to doing it for real.:D

We had planned on going fishing this morning but when I got up to visit the facilities at 5:45 it was foggy so I went back to bed after telling him not to bother getting up. It is 75 degrees so fog is common as the seawater temp is still about 60. That is one of the good things about ER ,we can always go tomorrow!!!
2fer

I'm jealous. Horrible commuting this winter for me. In the last week we had 2- 10 inch snow falls with a ice storm in between that left a half inch of pure ice on the roads.
It's merely an unrelated coincidence that the national command authorities determined that this satellite needed to be shot down over Hawaii in February. Doesn't it also orbit over Alaska, North Dakota, and Montana?

We've had more of the chain of command sitting off Kauai last week than sitting in DC.

Back
Top Bottom