Our Latest Kitten Rescue Project

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Here are the magnificent 7! DH and I are fostering them for the local shelter. Unfortunately, they have ringworm which would have meant euthanasia for them. Sadly, government shelters don't have the staff to deal with this kind of problem and can't risk spreading it to other animals or the public. In addition, all shelters and rescue groups in this area are slammed right now with abandoned animals. They can't find homes for perfect cats and dogs, let alone ones with problems. A furry fallout from difficult economic times:-[

DH and I are treating the ringworm with dips, ointment and oral meds which should clear it up. We are keeping them in a large pen set up in our basement to make sure our pets don't get exposed. Since it's such a pretty day, we set up a cage on our back deck to let them get some fresh air, sunshine, and home grown catnip;)

Attachments

• 7 Kittens.JPG
    7 Kittens.JPG
    425.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Magnificent 7.JPG
    Magnificent 7.JPG
    434.5 KB · Views: 7
Here's another picture of the kittens...

Attachments

• Play time.JPG
    Play time.JPG
    419.8 KB · Views: 8
They are cute! I second the kudos to you and your hubby.
bd

Looks like they all like each other, or its chilly out!

We had our first rain in about 8 months last night and into this morning, accompanied by weather in the 50's. An interesting change of pace from the 90-95 sunny weather we had up until a few days ago.

All three cats volunteered to spend the night indoors rather than manning the spaces under the bushes out front, watching everything and everyone that goes by. So we went fully unguarded, but without incident.

Thanks for taking care of the castoffs. We've got a house full.

Looks like they all like each other, or its chilly out!

We had our first rain in about 8 months last night and into this morning, accompanied by weather in the 50's. An interesting change of pace from the 90-95 sunny weather we had up until a few days ago.

All three cats volunteered to spend the night indoors rather than manning the spaces under the bushes out front, watching everything and everyone that goes by. So we went fully unguarded, but without incident.

Thanks for taking care of the castoffs. We've got a house full.

It was about 75 degrees when I took the pictures so it wasn't chilly. They were just a bit freaked being out of their usual pen but later calmed down and were digging the fresh air and scenery.

CFB, I know you have done more than your fair share for the cause when it comes to companion animals. You are a good guy and I wish there were more people like you out there. I just hope the shelter can find homes for them when they get past the ringworm. If not, I will keep them until a local rescue group can take them in. It's really a bad time to be a homeless pet.

Cute kitties. We just adopted two foreclosure cats. Seem to be a lot of that going around.

Cute kitties. We just adopted two foreclosure cats. Seem to be a lot of that going around.

That's great! I'm sure the cats are very happy to have a new home:D

Itty bitty kitty condo committee.

Here are the magnificent 7! DH and I are fostering them for the local shelter. Unfortunately, they have ringworm which would have meant euthanasia for them. Sadly, government shelters don't have the staff to deal with this kind of problem and can't risk spreading it to other animals or the public. In addition, all shelters and rescue groups in this area are slammed right now with abandoned animals. They can't find homes for perfect cats and dogs, let alone ones with problems. A furry fallout from difficult economic times:-[

DH and I are treating the ringworm with dips, ointment and oral meds which should clear it up. We are keeping them in a large pen set up in our basement to make sure our pets don't get exposed. Since it's such a pretty day, we set up a cage on our back deck to let them get some fresh air, sunshine, and home grown catnip;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom