Paramount Plus Error

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I decided to watch Star Trek: Picard.

Finished the 1st season. After still getting over how much the old cast has aged, tried to start Season 2.

But upon streaming, got an Oops! Error code 3304 :facepalm:.

I was watching on my FireTV box. Then tried on browser. Same error. They tried streaming other programs. Encountered same error.

Reset the modem and router. Still same error.

Doing a search on internet, guess this is a common occurrence but looks like no easy fix? As some of the tips say try this or that see if things get fixed.

Anyone here come across the same error and if so, what did you to to get past it? Thanks.

I don’t have any solutions but will agree that PP is a buggy app and have had more problems with it compared to others. I have fire stick. Ultimately I was able to resolve issues either by restarting app or rebooting fire stick.

I decided to watch Star Trek: Picard.

Finished the 1st season. After still getting over how much the old cast has aged, tried to start Season 2.

Even Data has aged. How did that happen?

I read a while back that the amount of makeup needed to make Brent Spiner look like the Data of the original TNG shows had grown to be too onerous. So, they apparently allowed Mr. Data to age and thus be "more human" which was always one of his goals.

Sorry, can't help you with that code.

I’ve never seen this error in the past few years. Probably some kind of network error on Paramount’s end. Try again in an hour or two.

I’ve never seen this error in the past few years. Probably some kind of network error on Paramount’s end. Try again in an hour or two.

Poking around a bit. Seems the problem I'm encountering is a bit random. I now can watch on my Paramount + (PP) app on the fireTV episodes from season 1 of Picard but not any after without error. On regular browser same issue.

Earlier, I was also getting error on different shows of PP.

Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the PP app. Now I can watch other shows but
Picard after season 1, still error.

On my regular browser, still same errors. Then I tried using a Reset Microsoft Edge browser and Picard Season 2 is viewable this way.

Don't know the root cause yet, but that's what I've come up with. Not ideal, but at least watchable.

Even Data has aged. How did that happen?

I read a while back that the amount of makeup needed to make Brent Spiner look like the Data of the original TNG shows had grown to be too onerous. So, they apparently allowed Mr. Data to age and thus be "more human" which was always one of his goals.

Sorry, can't help you with that code.

As for my Star Trek watching, I've pretty much only watched TOS and TNG. Some of the cast of TNG I haven't seen since one of their movies. Brent Spiner and Johnathon Frakes I've seen them post TNG. (Brent on the tv show "Mad About You" and Frakes on an episode on "Criminal Minds" where he played a bad child psychologist or psychiatrist (a long way from Number One on TNG). Marina Sirtis, I haven't seen her since on one TNG movie, so was shocking to see how she has grown older.

Watching Picard is like going to a grade school reunion. Is it better to just leave the past behind (I thought the way TNG series ended was perfect ) or not. Must admit though, in season one I do like the character of Soji and Seven of Nine (I didn't watch any Voyager episodes in the past so her character is totally new to me).

I can't help with your error but I've signed up and cancelled Paramount+ so many times I've lost track.

I access it through their app on my Xbox one console, brave browser and apple ipad. Never had any issues.

I can't help with your error but I've signed up and cancelled Paramount+ so many times I've lost track.

I access it through their app on my Xbox one console, brave browser and apple ipad. Never had any issues.

I have Paramount+ on a short leash. Only reason I have is to watch Criminal Minds: Evolution. If that shows comes to an end, so goes my subscription. But in the meantime, might as well get my money's worth watching other stuff of interest.

Haven't had any issues until the error with Picard after season 1.

I like Paramount plus for all the Star Trek shows.

Some shows like Mayor of Kingstown, 1923 originals seem good to watch as well.

It is frustrating that a lot of historical/past season CBS (Paramount subsidiary) shows are not on paramount plus. Whether it’s prior seasons of currently running or older shows (like JAG).

I keep getting a renewed annual deal that’s I think $50 with ad free - renewal from original hot deal - so I have renewed annually. Maybe next year, I’ll just do

FWIW I think Star Trek Strange New Worlds is probably the best Star Trek series yet. Season 1 on Paramount+ and Season 2 starts in June 2023.

Poking around a bit. Seems the problem I'm encountering is a bit random. I now can watch on my Paramount + (PP) app on the fireTV episodes from season 1 of Picard but not any after without error. On regular browser same issue.

Earlier, I was also getting error on different shows of PP.

Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the PP app. Now I can watch other shows but
Picard after season 1, still error.

On my regular browser, still same errors. Then I tried using a Reset Microsoft Edge browser and Picard Season 2 is viewable this way.

Don't know the root cause yet, but that's what I've come up with. Not ideal, but at least watchable.

First, reroute energy distribution to the backup generators. Then I'd try decoupling the deuterium fuel supply. If that doesn't work you'll probably have to eject the warp core. Don't forget to evacuate non-essential Personnel from the Engineering Decks

Last edited:
First, reroute energy distribution to the backup generators. Then I'd try decoupling the deuterium fuel supply. If that doesn't work you'll probably have to eject the warp core. Don't forget to evacuate non-essential Personnel from the Engineering Decks
THIS is the answer!

Paramount+ outages reported in the last 24 hours https://downdetector.com/status/paramountplus/

If another app can stream on the TV, or another app can stream in your browser, it's time to watch something other than Paramount+. It was very buggy on my Roku box, but less so on WebOS (LGTV).

I installed Paramount+ and Netflix apps on my Android. That is my fix. If both don't work, it's probably...

FWIW I think Star Trek Strange New Worlds is probably the best Star Trek series yet. Season 1 on Paramount+ and Season 2 starts in June 2023.

Totally agree. Love Star Trek Strange New Worlds. Looking forward to the new season.

Back
Top Bottom