Paul Nawrocki got a job

Leonidas

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Where the stars at night are big and bright
I thought we had a thread discussing this guy, but I can't find it.
After nine fruitless months of looking for work, Paul Nawrocki turned to a Depression-era tactic to find a job.Over the past few days the 59-year-old businessman has been walking the sidewalks of midtown Manhattan wearing a suit, a tie, and a large signs that reads, "Almost homeless."
d1c3f44a-fd3b-4dac-aeb3-7822561fd71b.widec.jpg

But now, it seems Paul got a job.
Well, if Paul Nawrocki is a sign of the times, then times are looking up.
Because last month, after collecting 99 weeks of unemployment, Nawrocki finally found a job. He's not the only one. While unemployment remains high, the nation added 162,000 jobs last month — the first significant job growth since the downturn began.
Maybe things are starting to look better. Green shoots so to speak http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/6974180.html

Hope it wasn't as a census worker, like a good chunk of those 162000. He'll be back in the sandwich board in 2 months. :(

Please! Don't be so mean. I read the article. See excerpt below.

In the end, his path back to work wasn't through his television appearances, but through old-fashioned networking. He went to a toy-industry fair, and a friend introduced him to the man who would become his boss. Nawrocki believes the tales of his sandwich-board days helped him land an interview.

His paycheck is nearly half the size; he had made almost $100,000 a year. And his title is a little less grand.

Back
Top Bottom