Person who hit my car has "insurance issues"

Glad you finally got some restitution from the at-fault driver. Having a witness can really make all the difference when an initially apologetic driver inexplicable denies all culpability when contacted by their insurance agent. That's why I learned that even when the other party admits fault, promises to pay, and begs you not to go through their insurance, I would insist on taking down (taking pictures of) their proof of insurance and noting the expiration date, driver's license, and car license.

I was summoned from inside a grocery store after a witness stated she saw a hit and run driver hit our parked car, so the witness provided me her phone number. The police tracked down the driver at his home nearly a month later. The driver initially denied being involved. But when confronted with the witness's account, he finally confessed to the officer and provided his insurance information.

So many scumbag drivers who try to slip away. :mad: Afterwards, I did mail the witness a gift certificate to a nice restaurant in her town. :)

Back
Top Bottom