Personal Capital -vs- Fidelity Retirement Tool -vs- NewRetirement PlannerPlus

G-Man

Full time employment: Posting here.
I discovered the Personal Capital tool (free) several weeks ago. I have inputted my DW and I retirement information in both tools and it's reassuring that both tools are giving me similar results.

In addition, I'm hearing some good feedback about the NewRetirement PlannerPlus tool as well; especially the Roth conversion feature.

I'm curious to know if anyone has tried all three tools (Personal Capital, Fidelity Retirement Analysis, and NewRetirement). If yes, what are the pros and cons of each tool and are you getting similar results?

I have used all three and find each has some great qualities. Personal Capital has features to help keep track of your investments and shows diversification. Fidelity retirement analysis does a good job with confirming expenses and withdrawal amounts. My favorite is New Retirement(I have used the free app since inception). I think it covers more of the areas concerning investing, retirement, taxes, and conversions. I have over saved so I register 99-100% success on all three, but the information included with retirement scores is helpful.

VW

I have used all three and find each has some great qualities. Personal Capital has features to help keep track of your investments and shows diversification. Fidelity retirement analysis does a good job with confirming expenses and withdrawal amounts. My favorite is New Retirement(I have used the free app since inception). I think it covers more of the areas concerning investing, retirement, taxes, and conversions. I have over saved so I register 99-100% success on all three, but the information included with retirement scores is helpful.

VW

So, the free version of NewRetirement is good? I will try this tool. Any tips on inputting my data in the tool?

Before I retired I used 5-6 calculators. They will all more or less give you similar results if, if, if you enter the data consistently and you understand each tools underlying assumptions.

FI Calc is another good one. It allows for changing asset allocations over time (more cash, more equities, etc), one off income and expenses, a variety of withdrawal methods and will show you failure years, if any.

Before I retired I used 5-6 calculators. They will all more or less give you similar results if, if, if you enter the data consistently and you understand each tools underlying assumptions.

FI Calc is another good one. It allows for changing asset allocations over time (more cash, more equities, etc), one off income and expenses, a variety of withdrawal methods and will show you failure years, if any.

I'm hoping the free version of NewRetirement gives me all the features of Personal Capital. If not, I guess $120 per year for the PlannerPlus version of NewRetirement is still cost effective.

Well, I was able to input my DW and I retirement information in the NewRetirement free tool and the results are similar to Fidelity and Personal Capital so far. I will probably go ahead and spend $120 (yearly) for the PlannerPlus version to unlock some of the advanced features.

Back
Top Bottom