Pet Meds—lowest cost Revolution?

tb001

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I’m in the process of cutting all of the easy waste out of our budget and wondering if anyone has suggestions for the cheapest place to get our pets monthly revolution. We’re using 1-800-petmeds, but my guess is there’s something cheaper out there. Any deals we’re missing?

What is involved in the pets monthly revolution? what kinds of medications or vaccines? I used to raise some beagles when I was younger and gave them all the shots myself. at that time 15 years ago you could buy lots of things for your dogs if you looked up magazines for coonhunters and beaglers. the pet med supplies would advertise in those kinds of magazines and they were cheaper the pet-med.

I have never used them but I've heard animal feed stores carry some vet supplies such as antibiotics and shots.

Also if you're a member check your pet medication pricing at Costco

Huge Costco fan here, BUT maybe 4 years ago we bought Costco's stocked anti-flea vs our normal brand and used it on our cats and it was horrible. If you are happy with Revolution and go to something else maybe buy in non-Costco quantities the first time.

Regarding feed store vet supplies - I injured my eye and the doctor prescribed an ophthalmic ointment - think it was about $60. Later one of our cats got poked in the eye and we bought an ophthalmic ointment from the feed store for about $12. Same size tube, same ingredients, cheaper than from the vet - and I have the feed store noted for future personal use. We're all animals.

I used to use Frontline, but now use the generic PetArmor. I save money by buying the size for the largest dog, then applying it proportionally to the size of my dog. So, one vial is good for two months instead of one. For heart worm preventative, I buy at Costco pharmacy.

worldpetexpress.net

Selamectin (ingredient in Revolution) marketed under the brand name of Stronghold and less expensive than Revolution. Same stuff. No prescription required as it comes from either Canada or a European country. I also use it on semi-ferals since a vet visit would require trapping.

Allivet based in Florida, like 1-800, generally has the lowest cost I've seen.

But use Google Shopping and search for the product by name and dosage. You'll see a range of prices available on-line at at local stores.

- Rita

Very helpful, thanks all! I knew there must be a cheaper option. Will look into the best route for us.

Back
Top Bottom