Photo Sharing Thread II

And here's a pic of my good Carl dog from a few years ago. He had his spleen out on Friday and unfortunately the diagnosis is lymphoma. He's 11 now, so we're hoping for the best.

I am so sorry to hear that! I am hoping for the best for him, too. Such a serious diagnosis has got to be tough for you to accept and prepare yourself to deal with. I know it would be for me.

I had to share this
6a00d83451c45669e20120a4e8bced970b-500wi

From
The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

Al, those are awesome! How cool is that Galaxy girl? And I love the multiple hoops, though I like doing more with fewer, myself. :)

¡Pinguinos!

The penguin colony on the Península Valdés near Puerto Madryn, Argentina. There are hundreds of thousands Magellanic penguins in the reserve. You walk right through them. The paths are marked and signs warn visitors to stay on the trail, but the penguins can't read and dig nesting burrows right in the trail.
penguinos.jpg

This little fellow is airing his 'pits. They do that a lot.
aeURTHmu.jpg

With cops you have to be VERY specific:

The sign comes out a little small. It says

"Sgt. Lawrence: The captain told me to leave my motorcycle stuff on your desk. I did."

Attachments

• ATT00007.jpg
    ATT00007.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 13
I like to play around with panoramas - taking 3 to 5 shots of a scene and then stitching them together in Photoshop. I've had pretty good luck with it. Often it's really the only way to capture the majesty of a large natural scene.

The view south from Cape Blanco - the furthest west point on the Oregon coast and location of the very cool Cape Blanco lighthouse. Be sure to click on the bar to see the large version.

View-south-from-Cape-Blanco-panorama1200.jpg

Audrey

One neat thing about the Cape Blanco lighthouse is that they let you go all the way up and stand next to the operational rotating Fresnel lens. It's a very large piece of glass. My camera lens was barely wide angle enough to capture most of it.

This is how you take a 1000 watt light bulb and project it out to be visible 28 miles off-shore. That's the bulb and spare that you see behind the lens face.

Cape-Blanco-Lighthouse-lens-and-bulbs1000.jpg

Audrey

The photo in my avatar... taken south of Argentina off the coast of Antarctica...

img_854329_0_6bda7f9d7904e3ab85aa0e11d3c88aa6.jpg

--- very nice job on the panorama audrey...

The photo in my avatar... taken south of Argentina off the coast of Antarctica....

OK. Now you gotta tell us the details. What cruise, when, etc., etc.

Ditto on the kudos to Audrey. My panoramas always end up looking goofy.

The details... I volunteered to be an IAATO observer on a ship...which means I made sure that the ships first destination to antarctic waters followed all the items in the antarctic treaty and followed maritime law... it was a french cruise ship of about 95 passengers on a 14 day cruise from Ushuaia Argentina to Antarctica... my pay was zero but I did it for the opportunity...

These were shot at Fort Mason through a plexiglass cylinder, set up for some forgotten scientific purpose. Audrey's lighthouse photo reminded me of how much I enjoy seeing them come up on the screen saver slide show.
--Cuppa(not an engineer)Joe

Attachments

• IMG_4519.jpg
    IMG_4519.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4520.jpg
    IMG_4520.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 4
I don't know if bumping this old thread will be welcome or not, but the cedar waxwings were back in Austin last week. They flock in large numbers and can strip every berry from a tree in a matter of minutes. Those berries also come out the other end in amazing quantities.

These guys perched right over our porch landing. Beautiful, but with deadly accurate aim. Nailed us three or four times already.

cedar waxwings.jpg

Cool picture. I also saw cedar waxwings today, outside my MH window in Long Beach, California. After a morning bike ride:

158.JPG

Open haying and farming fields featuring a local artist's w*rk on the Tug Hill Plateau, upstate NY.
I love this picture. The cold weather and snowfall in this area is record setting and often brutal, but someone is still happy enough to be simplistically creative.

Attachments

• smileyrock.jpg
    smileyrock.jpg
    645.2 KB · Views: 14
bird on a wire

crow out front touched up a bit

Attachments

• DSCN0003.JPG
    DSCN0003.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom