Piano Sheet Music Downloads

SumDay

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I finally found the name of the song I played in third grade for a state piano recital. I found a couple of sites where I can download it, but some look a little suspicious.

1. Any piano players have a site they prefer for downloading and printing old sheet music?

2. I'm teaching myself to play again, and stumbled on "Play Piano in a Flash:" by Scott Houston on PBS. Anyone think this is worth it? Or have any recommendations for anything else similar?

Thanks!

I just keep searching and searching on a given piece. Eventually I find a place where I can open the sheet music PDF without having to sign in or use some odd downloading mechanism (those make me nervous).

I’m increasing my repertoire! It’s mostly Bach.

For classical music, the best site, by far, is https://imslp.org/ .

This is an incredibly large archive of public domain editions, home publishing PDF editions, scanned manuscripts, etc. It can be overwhelming at times and the interface is a little clunky, but it is a rich, rich resource.

Lead Sheets

The Play Piano in a Flash program is playing by using lead sheets. Basically you play the melody line with your right hand and play the guitar chords shown above the staff with your left hand. If you've played before and can still read music I can see where it may or may not be of benefit. You can probably Google lead sheets or fake sheets and get the same content...

Back
Top Bottom