Picking up where I left off...

Dawg, glad you are OK now! Knowing that you had West Nile must be a little disturbing. Some people get really bad cases of West Nile as I'm sure you know, and I guess some others have milder cases. My neighbor had it in 2011, and the poor guy had to be hospitalized.

Dawg, glad you are OK now! Knowing that you had West Nile must be a little disturbing. Some people get really bad cases of West Nile as I'm sure you know, and I guess some others have milder cases. My neighbor had it in 2011, and the poor guy had to be hospitalized.

Obviously I would rather not have it, but extreme cases are rare according to most things I have read about it. It appears I fall into the category below. I never had nausea or skin rashes. I did have fever, head aches and a red throat although it didn't feel sore.

Not much I can do about at this point. I feel fine now.

CDC: West Nile Virus - What You Need To Know

Milder Symptoms in Some People. Up to 20 percent of the people who become infected have symptoms such as fever, headache, and body aches, nausea, vomiting, and sometimes swollen lymph glands or a skin rash on the chest, stomach and back. Symptoms can last for as short as a few days, though even healthy people have become sick for several weeks.

Hey Rich, Doc finally called me this morning and said I tested positive for the West Nile virus. I guess you wouldn't have been able to help me over the internet anyway.;) My fever had actually gone away by time I saw him, but he prescribed Z-Pak as I still had some aches and pains. But I guess it didn't contribute much to my continued improvement as I read where antibiotics doesn't help treat the virus. If I had not gone in, I guess it would have gone away on it's on and I would have never know about it. No telling how many other cases there are that never make it to the statistics.

Oh well.......back to my regular med's. :)
Glad you're OK. Many infectious diseases are only serious for low percentages of the population due to other diseases, immune status, etc. West Nile is an example. Still, it gets attention when it turns ugly.

Interesting Rich and good luck. Columbia is our destination also IF we can ever sell our house. (The lure of children and grandchildren........)

Molly

Interesting Rich and good luck. Columbia is our destination also IF we can ever sell our house. (The lure of children and grandchildren........)

Molly
Let's keep in touch and see how things unfold. What is your Columbia connection (direct private message OK if you prefer)? Is it mainly the kids/grandkids?

Back
Top Bottom