Po'Boys, anyone?

Had some great alligator appetizers at Ralph and Kacoo's in NO last Sept. NO was the beginning of my now 29 lb gain.

I'm headed down to the AL coast next weekend. Last time I was down there, someone in my group ordered an alligator po'boy. I ate a small piece and it was pretty good. Might have to order one on this trip. Tough to beat a good ole shrimp one though. I better fast next week to make room for a few calories;).

When I left Houston to move to Illinois, I planned a stop in New Orleans. So, in the early a.m. I hit Cafe du Monde...great. Then I wander in and out of a few shops figuring I'd stay the day, however, by 11:30 am it was SO DARN HOT I threw in the towel, got in the car and started my trek towards cooler weather up North in Yankeeland.:(
New Orleans seemed waaaaay hotter than Houston--and my blood was thin after 22 years there. How do you folks in New Orleans stand it? Your faces must look like this: :mad: (that's to say your face is boiling hot from the heat)

I can hear my arteries harden just looking at the pictures.

But it sure does look good!

Unclemick's homemade - thick cut homemade french fries on Liedenheimer's bread smothered in Creole Brown gravy. Naturally lots of butter also.

Been a few years since I've been to Mother's in the CBD - if it's still there. There and Central for a Muff.

Now - I don't DO that stuff anymore. No KC BBQ much either. Weight down 33 lbs, BP 150/100 to 115/70, cholesterol 400 to 177.

Whaaa! I shouldn't even read threads like this.

heh heh heh - snowed last night. I'm going to make a cup of green tea, dry multi-grain toast and have a good cry. I have three models/sizes of electric deep fryers packed away down in the basement.

Sometimes good health mentally sucks. :D :LOL: :LOL: :nonono:

P.S. And salt.

Unclemick's homemade - thick cut homemade french fries on Liedenheimer's bread smothered in Creole Brown gravy. Naturally lots of butter also.

Been a few years since I've been to Mother's in the CBD - if it's still there. There and Central for a Muff.

Now - I don't DO that stuff anymore. No KC BBQ much either. Weight down 33 lbs, BP 150/100 to 115/70, cholesterol 400 to 177.

Whaaa! I shouldn't even read threads like this.

heh heh heh - snowed last night. I'm going to make a cup of green tea, dry multi-grain toast and have a good cry. I have three models/sizes of electric deep fryers packed away down in the basement.

Sometimes good health mentally sucks. :D :LOL: :LOL: :nonono:

P.S. And salt.
Waaaaaa!:(:(:(

Is this Shrimp Po'Boy recipe anywhere near "authentic" ? :cool:
I've got 2 lbs of large frozen shrimp that are screaming for a new way to be cooked.
Shrimp Po' Boys Recipe - Allrecipes.com
I will use this as the Creole Seasoning
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cda...7855_RECIPE-PRINT-FULL-PAGE-FORMATTER,00.html

I know I can't get the authentic Po'Boy bread, but I just may make some homemade French bread myself.

Scroll down past the photos for the recipe
Po-Boy Victory! | The Fresh Loaf

[-]What is AP flour ?[/-] I am SO embarassed. :blush: AP = All Purpose.

Das' pretty close, Cher! I bookmarked dem all. Tanks much! :flowers: Don' worry 'bout no flour. I am happy if I don't get plaster of Paris. (Can't read Russian and certainly not Azeri. Damn if I can figger out what some a dis stuff is.)

If I thought it would be hard to find Cajun fixin's in Fort Mac, Alberta, imagine my problem here in Baku! Fortunately dere's a few renegade Moslims an' we got some pig here. Had ribs two weeks ago. Can you imagine fat pork ribs with no taste? Like they fed them newspaper. Once is enough. And the place smelled like the toilets backed up. (Better than Belize, though.)

Oh, Lawd. At least there is Argentine Cabernet here. It takes all my per diem.

Cheers,

Gitano,
somewhere on the shores of the horribly polluted Caspian Sea.
(DO NOT eat the sushi!)

I've been fighting the urge to make debris po boys for a couple of weeks. I'm going fishing tomorrow but when I get back I will stock up and spend a leisurely Thursday cooking. This retired life does not suck.

Landed yesterday in "The Big Easy." It's my third time here, and I just love, love, love New Orleans. It's gritty, and interesting, and beautiful. It has to be one of the most unique cities in the U.S.

Now if it will just stop raining. :(

Flying to NOLA next Friday (May 6)....can't wait!! Jazz festival!!! Still any decent crawfish around? (I know I'm gonna pay more, but such is life!)

Still any decent crawfish around?

A bit outside the French Quarter, under the I-10, and in a somewhat sketchy neighborhood is a place called Cajun Seafood. Plan on take-away, but their boiled crayfish and shrimp kick a$$.

Back
Top Bottom