Poll Capability

RetiredAt49

Recycles dryer sheets
Dear ER Admins,

Does the website and/or mobile app support polls (e.g. ask a question and members select from predefined responses).

If not, is it a technical issue with the platform ER is using? I’m a software engineer with 25 years building websites and 10 years building mobile apps and would pitch in to enable this feature as I think it would be awesome for this community.

Where have you been? There have been many polls since you joined. Search/look around the site.

I see topics/threads that start with Poll: but it’s not an actual poll… one with a question and pre-canned responses. I use the mobile app exclusively.

Safe to assume then that the mobile app doesn’t let you create or respond to a poll then? I’m using an iPhone and iPad and have never seen a poll on any thread.

Did you click onto start a thread and scroll down to the bottom of the page?

Did you click onto start a thread and scroll down to the bottom of the page?

Yes, on mobile app when creating a new thread the only options are: select a category, thread title, thread comment/text.

I see it on my phone, but will pass on your query to the techies.

I see topics/threads that start with Poll: but it’s not an actual poll… one with a question and pre-canned responses. I use the mobile app exclusively.

If you switch to Web View and log in you can see the poll. Click on the three dots in the upper right corner and select Web View.

If you switch to Web View and log in you can see the poll. Click on the three dots in the upper right corner and select Web View.

Safe to assume then that the native mobile app doesn’t support polls?

Safe to assume then that the native mobile app doesn’t support polls?

Not that I’m aware of. But switching to the web view takes you to the same thread, so it’s an easy switch.

Back
Top Bottom