Poll - Has the Christian Right has destroyed the Republican Party.

Has the Christian Right destroyed the Republican Party?

• Yes - they are responsible for nominating the recent clown

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • No - common sense will prevail next time

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Don't care - I'm a Democrat

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters
OldMcDonald said:
If Jesus Christ himself returned to earth today and decided to run as a Republican candidate for president he would be run out of town by the Christian Conservatives as a liberal.  :)

I agree as well. In fact, when he was around he did get run out of town by the Conservatives of the time (the Pharasees)!

Cool Dood, I met a black guy once who said things like, "White man is the devil. all whites should be buried." etc. I told him that was racist and he said it wasn't possible to be racist because he wasn't in power, the white man was. :confused:

Is that what you are saying?

Laurence, as I said in the other thread, I don't think I was actually intolerant -- so my joke about not being able to be intolerant since atheists (or blacks) have so little influence isn't meant to be an excuse. Of course a minority can be intolerant, and just as vicious as a majority -- which from the sounds of it ("all whites should be buried") the guy you met was.

I guess I shouldn't mix jokes and controversial issues...

So... how about that war in Iraq? ;)

Sorry, my boss pulled the "I need all those things I told you were due in August today" on me this morning.

What war in Iraq? I thought we were still getting pelted with candy, dates, and flowers! ;)

Back
Top Bottom