• Mailed ballot in

Votes: 61 28.9%
  • Will Vote on Election Day

Votes: 85 40.3%
  • Don't plan on voting

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted early and in person Monday night. We took granddaughter to her Leap and Learn dance lesson at the mall and early voting was at the mall, so we voted while she was dancing. Walked right in and did not have to wait.

I wanted to make sure that I voted and did not want to have to worry about weather or being sick or anything else on Election Day. It is over and done with and I feel good that I voted.

I am not going to vote because I live in a state which result is known already, since it is heavily tilted towards one presidential candidate - and it happens to be the candidate I would vote for. No regrets.

There is no early voting in Michigan (other than absentee ballot voting, which to me is a bit of a hassle), so we'll be voting on the morning of Nov. 6th. Shouldn't be any long lines in our small town. I've researched all the candidates and the 6 ballot proposals and made up my mind long ago how to vote on each one. All these political ads the last few weeks are just a source of irritation.......no chance of me changing how I plan to vote at this point.

"Vote early and often" is the Mass State motto! (Anyone ever heard the song? I'm serious!)

The earlier you vote the more times you get to vote...

Voted early in person. Normally, I like the tradition of going to the polls but DW and I took our son, a US Marine who was in a very remote place during the last Presidential election. Their location was so remote that neither email nor fax was available and he isn't sure their paper ballots made it to civilization in time to be counted. SAD!!! We wanted him to be sure his vote counted this time so we went to the courthouse a couple days ago.

We filled out our absentee ballots last night, I will post them this morning. We can't wait 'til this is over, we are getting bombarded with phone calls.

We filled out our absentee ballots last night, I will post them this morning. We can't wait 'til this is over, we are getting bombarded with phone calls.

We are too, and Louisiana isn't even a swing state. Lots and lots of robocalls, though, both to my landline and to my cell phone, all originating from other states. Oh well. Only 6 more days to go. :)

We are too, and Louisiana isn't even a swing state. Lots and lots of robocalls, though, both to my landline and to my cell phone, all originating from other states. Oh well. Only 6 more days to go. :)

Interesting. We no longer have a land line, but have had the same cell number for 8 years and I have not had a single political campaign call. I just assumed cell phones were exempt from charities and political groups being to call.

We can't wait 'til this is over, we are getting bombarded with phone calls.

No doubt! The rest of the free world probably shares that opinion. This has become so bad, it almost makes me think it would be better to be back at work. Almost :D

In washington, we might as well be dead as far as national elections are concerned. Everybody knows how the state will go. One Senator and of course congress are up, but little chance of any change. Also state and county posts. I have had no phone calls, not many TV ads, but quite of bit of junk mail for state and county offices.

The most contentious ballot issues are the propositions- Gay Marriage, Charter Schools among the biggies. Oh, and marijuana legalization. If there is much opposition to gay marriage I have not seen evidence of it, though people might keep something like that to themselves around here. The other two I expect could be close.

Ha

In San Francisco, I haven't seen many commercials for presidential or congressional candidates because there is really not much of a race (zero phone calls either). It's all about the propositions here. I read the county's and state's 150-page pamphlets detailing each proposition. Only a couple of them genuinely retained my attention.

Last edited:
In washington, we might as well be dead as far as national elections are concerned. Everybody knows how the state will go. One Senator and of course congress are up, but little chance of any change. Also state and county posts. I have had no phone calls, not many TV ads, but quite of bit of junk mail for state and county offices.

The most contentious ballot issues are the propositions- Gay Marriage, Charter Schools among the biggies. Oh, and marijuana legalization. If there is much opposition to gay marriage I have not seen evidence of it, though people might keep something like that to themselves around here. The other two I expect could be close.

Ha

I support gay charter schools with marijuana, but I don't live in Washington... :cool:

I support gay charter schools with marijuana, but I don't live in Washington... :cool:

Let me get this straight.... you approve of gay charter schools so much, you are sending them your marijuana to support them:confused:

I think he meant that he supports gay charter schools that HAVE marijuana. :cool:

Live the the DC area and have, on the basis of your important endorsement, decided not to support the Gonzo Party. I'm going with the Groucho/Zappa ticket.

Attachments

• zappa groucho.jpg
    zappa groucho.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1
I think he meant that he supports gay charter schools that HAVE marijuana. :cool:

I don't think it was so clear.... :cool:

That is why I took the other meaning.... just to have fun.... :dance:

I've got my early and absentee votes cast. Now just waiting for election day to make a personal appearance to cast #3. Hey...... it's Cook County, Illinois!

Since the poll naively doesn't allow multiple votes, I couldn't find a choice that applied to us folks in northern Illinois.

Last edited:
In washington, we might as well be dead as far as national elections are concerned. Everybody knows how the state will go.

In Illinois, when we say we know how the state will go, we don't mean which major party will prevail. We mean we already know the final outcome down to the vote, precinct by precinct, ward by ward, county by county........ I think "THEY" finalized all the numbers in a meeting in August. :LOL:

I've got my early and absentee votes cast. Now just waiting for election day to make a personal appearance to cast #3. Hey...... it's Cook County, Illinois!

Since the poll naively doesn't allow multiple votes, I couldn't find a choice that applied to us folks in northern Illinois.

I was going to use the "early and often" joke but figured it would irk some Chicagoan to steal their hard illicitly won thunder!

I'm actually still undecided on the National candidates, but plan on developing my "voting spreadsheet" today to analyze the candidates' position on issues that are important (or not so important) to me.

I was going to use the "early and often" joke but figured it would irk some Chicagoan to steal their hard illicitly won thunder!

I'm actually still undecided on the National candidates, but plan on developing my "voting spreadsheet" today to analyze the candidates' position on issues that are important (or not so important) to me.

I'm glad you are taking the kids, Fuego. I worked elections (as a paid worker for the State Election Commission) for years when I was younger and I loved it when people brought in their children so they could see what voting was all about and sense the excitement of election day.

Nowadays I vote absentee by mail, which is boring but expedient.

Arizona the new show me state, are my papers in order. I will be the only one to vote when I show up. There will be 6 polling place workers. They all know me but will look at my photo ID, ask me to repeat my name all the way down the line, and ask me to hand over my signature. I know of 1/20th of our town population will be poll watchers in other areas in the county. But it is my duty and my right.

Back
Top Bottom