Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Unhealthy

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Walking dead :)

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Dead :)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Beware: if you are older and enter the hospital your health could change for the worst:

Elderly Hospital Patients Arrive Sick, Often Leave Disabled | California Healthline

About one-third of patients over 70 years old and more than half of patients over 85 leave the hospital more disabled than when they arrived, research shows.

“The older you are, the worse the hospital is for you,” said Ken Covinsky, a physician and researcher at the University of California, San Francisco division of geriatrics. “A lot of the stuff we do in medicine does more harm than good. And sometimes with the care of older people, less is more.”

Heck, you are lucky to leave the hospital in a wheelchair, not covered up and on a stretcher. ;)

At age 59 I take no medications for anything and have been quite healthy my whole life. However to my great dismay I was just diagnosed with osteoarthritis of both the hand and knee at an early stage. Rheumologist said the "average" age of diagnosis for arthritis is 51, so I beat the odds there. But I'm still dismayed and have no idea what the future holds. It is the first major indication of creeping old age. . .

At age 59 I take no medications for anything and have been quite healthy my whole life. However to my great dismay I was just diagnosed with osteoarthritis of both the hand and knee at an early stage. Rheumologist said the "average" age of diagnosis for arthritis is 51, so I beat the odds there. But I'm still dismayed and have no idea what the future holds. It is the first major indication of creeping old age. . .

I've had bone-on-bone osteoarthritis in both knees since 'forever'.....but, wearing tensor bandages, I managed a marathon in 1984.......don't let it get you down.

Although...as to "What the future holds".....the adage "Old age ain't for sissies" might give you a clue.

Good luck!

I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in the spine in my mid-20's and basically have OA everywhere now. But I do a gymnastic bridge exercise daily. Yes, OA causes pain and stiffness, especially in my hands and shoulders. You either learn to up your pain tolerance, or else become immobile.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...LTOAhUQlxQKHZxIDbcQMwgkKAIwAg&iact=mrc&uact=8

Thanks for the OA stories. I am feeling very down about this diagnosis! It seems like a death sentence. . .but yes, I know that's not true. Just scary.

Agreed. It's partly an attitude thing.

I'm 70, but the way I look at it, that's only 21 Celsius.

:LOL:

Lol

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1470784960.853052.jpg

lol, my 19 year old is trying to move me into a nursing home so he can move a pole dancer name "cinnamon" into the house.

My major problem is my knees, severe OA in both knees. right now they're killing me but I'm trying to hold off from replacement a little longer.
Outside of that healthy as a proverbial horse.

bclover, Karma usually sorts things out. Historically, pole dancers like "cinnamon" usually develop knee problems early in life.

Rico

Need advice on which poll answer to choose.
My choices are dead and unhealthy.
I died 7/13/16 of cardiac arrest (heart stopped beating, no blood pressure, no pulse = clinically dead). I did not stay dead for more than 5 minutes since I was in my cardiologist's office and the people and crash cart equipment/drugs brought me back to life quickly enough that I have no brain damage.
The other choice is unhealthy since after a new Aortic valve and a pacemaker/defibrillator implant I still have cardiac problems with the left ventricle and mitral valve.
What say you?

What say you?

The only thing I can say is "Sheesh".........I hope they can get you sorted, and that, in 10 years, you'll (still) be able to answer 'extremely healthy'.

Good luck!

Need advice on which poll answer to choose.
My choices are dead and unhealthy.
I died 7/13/16 of cardiac arrest (heart stopped beating, no blood pressure, no pulse = clinically dead). I did not stay dead for more than 5 minutes since I was in my cardiologist's office and the people and crash cart equipment/drugs brought me back to life quickly enough that I have no brain damage.
The other choice is unhealthy since after a new Aortic valve and a pacemaker/defibrillator implant I still have cardiac problems with the left ventricle and mitral valve.
What say you?

Have any lottery tickets?:D

You should. Maybe send some to your Doc too. Best wishes

What say you?
Definitely you are not dead as you have replied to this thread! :)
Maybe very loosely stated you are "Battling a major illness".

Just a guess. Best of wishes.:greetings10:

Back
Top Bottom