Poll:How Many Times Did You Change Employers In Your Career?

How Many Times Did You Change Employers In Your Career?

• 0, 1 employer my whole career

Votes: 33 16.3%

Votes: 31 15.3%

Votes: 17 8.4%

Votes: 31 15.3%

Votes: 17 8.4%

Votes: 21 10.3%
  • 6 or more

Votes: 53 26.1%

• Total voters
One MegaCorp for 37 1/2 years right out of High School. Started in the mailroom ended Senior Systems Programmer.

14 full time engineering positions. Constant change, corporate collapse, downsizing, 2 nafta layoffs. 5 more part time, co-op and intern positions around engineering. I actually have to look on my LinkedIn profile to remember it all.

5 different employers with my last being the state. I decided I wanted a pension and stayed 15 years until I retired.

Company hired me out of technical school. 37 years so far, 3 years to go.

Answered 2 BUT -- Started at Rockwell International, moved to Hughes Aircraft at year 3 and then back to Rockwell in year 5. That said my Hughes time was linked back up to Rockwell when it bought Hughes Satellite Systems. Then Rockwell was bought by Boeing. So while I did moves they all ended up showing as ALL one company in the end which is Boeing and very happy i worked for it

Same employer from a summer college internship before senior year through a 39 year career. Every time I thought about changing, something would happen to show me that, for my situation, the grass was still greener on this side :).

Only 36 for me. Never really wanted to change - until I wanted to be FIRED. YMMV

0, same Megacorp for 40 years, 9 months
Started at 19, retired at 60

One job at the same Megacorp for ~26 years, per the guidelines outlined above. Of course, I actually worked for many different companies out of Delaware. One year I got 2 new sets of business cards as the company division kept changing names.:LOL: Fortunately, many of my promotions and transfers were on January 1st, so I only got multiple sets of W-2s a few times during the 26 years.

Back
Top Bottom