Poll: Myers Briggs and political orientation

What best describes your Myers Briggs and political orientation?

• I'm an ***J and a conservative

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • I'm an ***P and a conservative

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • I'm an ***J and a liberal/progressive

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • I'm an ***P and a liberal/progressive

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters

SecondCor521

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Hi all,

Moderators, feel free to move or delete if you think this post is inappropriate in any way.

The only relation to FIRE and this post is that intercst has discovered that most FIRE types have a particular Myers Briggs personality type. Tenuous, at best.

Poll options are in alphabetical order.

Anyway, please vote in the poll. I'm just curious.

2Cor521

I'm an ***J and don't really feel at home in either the "liberal" or the "conservative" category.On the Political Compass I come out closer to the middle than to any of the edges. I guess that makes me a Muddled Moderate.

What's the M-B personality type that's associated with ER?

I'm one of those :D And I promise not to let the cat out of the bag. :angel:

I suspect the answer to my question explains why ER is kind of unusual. The ER-related Personality Type makes up less than 10% of the population as a whole. Down at the bottom of the linked page the author wonders whether there is a personality type linked to DIY financial planning/management, vs relying on a professional planner. Interesting question.

I can never remember my type. I guessed ***J. I thought I did an online test on it a while back but I can't find any results.

My J and P are usually too close to really call it. And I consider myself a libertarian-leaning moderate/independent -- which has usually led me to be disappointed in what our political heroes are doing in terms of my own financial future.

I can never remember my type. I guessed ***J. I thought I did an online test on it a while back but I can't find any results.
there are links to online MBTI tests in the link 2Cor sent me.

My J and P are usually too close to really call it. And I consider myself a libertarian-leaning moderate/independent -- which has usually led me to be disappointed in what our political heroes are doing in terms of my own financial future.

Me too - tested 94 when back as a temp jobshopper - our 'project team' got tested by a couple of good looking Tulane Phd's.

However - in 1948 my Finn Grandmother from Michigan explained to me I was born Democratic and God would get if I grew up and ever voted Republican - they went to the wrong Lutheran church or something. There is some vague memory of bribery - 1952 genuine Daisy Defender with force feed and peep sight and free Target's - dirty campaign posters of Nixon's face with a caption - would you buy a used car from this man. Republicans on my street got mere Red Ryder's BUT they were allowed to use the 'I like Ike' jungle without getting in trouble.

ok ok now pay attention folks - INTJ like the Early Retirement Forum early survey - one of the groups tending to ER.

And I've covered sex(the blond Phd), politics(Daisy Defender) and religion(Grandma on my Mother's side).

Drugs and rock and roll I'm still working on.

heh heh heh - BTW my BIL think's McCain was a flaming liberal. :LOL::LOL::LOL::whistle:.

I test as ENFP. Or INFJ.

My politics are independent. For example, I don't want anyone telling me what I can do with my body (left-wing), yet am a fiscal hawk (right-wing).

I come up as an ISTJ most of the time. The descriptors (trustee, inspector) fit me extremely well.

I vote whatever party the candidate I agree with (or dislike least) happens to be in.

I'm an INFP -- a social justice maverick.

I look at the candidate and the issues. In my area of the world, that usually means deciding between one Democrat and another Democrat.

ISTJ, lefty heh heh heh, just like Uncle Mick

Off topic, but has anyone done the Strengthsfinder test that the Gallup folks have been refining for a few years? I took it as part of their Now, Discover your strengths book, but they have a newer version out now. The results fell well within my ISTJ personality. Interestingly, I am way, way, way positive on J--like nearly 100%, IIRC.

The older link goes to a 4 question test that was free. Now it's $0.99. Too much to come to a deep understanding of my personality, relationship style, and strengths & weaknesses. Here's a link to a freebie that takes 70 questions or so to get to the same place: Keirsey Temperament Website

I end up ISTJ and my gal is ENTJ - makes us a pretty good team, though her Field Marshal had to learn I wasn't one of her boys. That out of the way, we are pretty much highly effective.

I am an INTJ.

Actually,

I = 52% E = 48%
S= 47% N = 53%
T = 72% F = 28%
J = 63% P = 37%

Off topic, but has anyone done the Strengthsfinder test that the Gallup folks have been refining for a few years? I took it as part of their Now, Discover your strengths book, but they have a newer version out now.
Yes -- we did that a few years ago at w*rk. Our manager gave all of his staff a copy of the book and had us take the test. I don't really even recall my results. I printed them our and have them in a Dayrunner I have around here somewhere. If I find it, maybe I'll review the results.

Off topic, but has anyone done the Strengthsfinder test that the Gallup folks have been refining for a few years?
Yeah, I ran across mine while looking to see if I had Myers Briggs results anywhere. My top five are: input, woo, intellection, relator, arranger. When I saw "woo" I thought wtf? - then why didn't I get lucky more often? But it just means you can entice others into the trouble you want to get into.

I always rated as ISTJ; maybe I should take it again and see if I have changed.

INTP, or ENTJ, the I and P sometimes change to E and J but the NT always scores high... I love being retired:D

Fiscal conservative, social moderate... No lefty here:mad:

Cool thread:cool:

ENTJ was what I tested in 1997

they did this as part of pre-canna when wife and I were engaged and I was INTJ I think at the time.

The wierd part was my wife the opposite of me on everything except J.

if my score was 1, hers was 6 (on a 1-6 scale), if mine was 4 hers was 3, if mine was 2 hers was 5... except J- she was a 6 and I was a 4 (boths J's).

Ooh, I actually misspoke, I am an INTJ, not ISTJ. I always forget the N! :)

And SteveO, that is definitely left-handed, not left-leaning! ;)

jIMOH, we did ours for the first time as part of our premarital counseling, too. It helped us know just who we were marrying and how our personalities would fit together. DH is an "E".

Ooh, I actually misspoke, I am an INTJ, not ISTJ. I always forget the N! :)

And SteveO, that is definitely left-handed, not left-leaning! ;)

jIMOH, we did ours for the first time as part of our premarital counseling, too. It helped us know just who we were marrying and how our personalities would fit together. DH is an "E".

I forgot what the letters stood for... I have it hanging in my cube, but even that only tells me my letters, not what each group is rating.

INTJ here and bleeding heart liberal.

Grumpy

Back
Top Bottom