Poll: Peanut Butter, Smooth or Crunchy?

Peanut Butter: Smooth or Crunchy?

• Smooth

Votes: 82 48.5%
  • Crunchy

Votes: 87 51.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like PB once in a while (& much prefer crunchy) but don't eat much now since discovering freshly ground almond butter a few years ago at a nearby market (nothing added, just almonds). So much tastier, so much better in every way! Love the taste & texture, & I think it's healthier. No turning back to PB now.

I eat AB daily, including in a smoothie with unsweetened almond milk, berries, protein powder & more (recommended by by doctor to increase my calcium intake). I also like it on WASA with banana slices or whatever I'm in the mood for.

The local supermarket had a self-service grinder next to the bags of peanuts and almonds. Nice for a change, but these days I simply buy Jif Extra Crunchy.

+1 on Jif Crunchy.....I eat nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:
GUEST_5c15e836-4bd6-4b2b-b124-51395f11687a

Yes that one! :flowers:

Crunchy

I am living in Thailand. I wasn’t expecting anything besides Jiffy smooth to be available. To my surprise, at a Bangkok farmers market, I found locally produced crunchy PB that is some of the best peanut butter I’ve ever had. This is one food I don’t miss out on.

You mean we have to CHOOSE between the two??

This is an outrage!

;)

Trader Joe's crunchy with salt!!!
Same here. DW prefers the creamy version, but she'll also eat the crunchy. Honestly, I would probably eat creamy more, but you have to break your wrist and fingers in order to thoroughly stir Trader Joe's creamy.

Peanut butter helped get me through college. Brings back memories.

Chunky for me.
My roommates and I got through college on free pizza (I worked at a pizza place) and Hamburger Helper - not proud of it now... :blush:

I buy peanut butter with 1 and only 1 ingredient. Peanuts.

Many add palm oil, salt, sugar or other oils. Straight peanuts.

I like both, but the nuts get stuck in my teeth, so I prefer smooth.

I should have mentioned that Santa Cruz organic dark roasted PB which is 100% peanuts (not the no stir version) is the tastiest by far IMO.

Crunchy! In fact I have been known to add honey roasted peanuts to my PP&J sandwich to make extra extra crunchy.

I like Crunchy the best.

Yesterday I was at Jewel-Osco to buy 1lb of peanut butter for $1.99 (deal).
I looked at the Jif Natural as DW always prefers it, and was shocked to see it was peanuts and palm oil (and it was only 90% peanuts)..

So I bought the normal crunchy as it said it was only 2% bad oils..

I like both, but the nuts get stuck in my teeth, so I prefer smooth.

Same here. So, I like smooth, specifically Jif smooth. Getting more picky about the brand of PB that I prefer, as I grow older.

Also starting to wonder if I should buy some grape jelly since I haven't had PB and grape jelly sandwiches for over sixty-five years and IIRC they were pretty good. Yeah, grape jelly isn't all that healthy but then IMO nobody sincerely eats PB for the health benefits.

Back
Top Bottom