Poll:Percent of your cash+invested assets in cash?

What percent is cash of your invested assets & cash?

• Less than 0.5% including negative cash

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Less than 1.0%

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Less than 2.5%

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • Less than 5.0%

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Less than 10.0%

Votes: 45 25.0%
  • Less than 20.0%

Votes: 43 23.9%
  • Less than 50.0%

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • 50.0% or more

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Something else, but I wanted to answer anyways

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
And I always thought the term "the smell of money" was a little less literal. Maybe not.

Actually, I just smelled a bunch of Canadian cash and it does smell slightly sweat, not unlike maple syrup. Go figure.

I'm surprised you hadn't heard of that. I can definitely smell a vaguely maple-like aroma in a new Canadian bill.

Does our money smell like maple syrup? - National | Globalnews.ca

New Canadian Money Smells Like Syrup, Melts in Heat - ABC News

https://www.thestar.com/business/2013/05/26/do_canadas_new_plastic_bills_smell_like_maple_syrup.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoStupidQuestions/comments/2szwzm/canadians_is_it_not_general_knowledge_that_your/

Actually, I just smelled a bunch of Canadian cash and it does smell slightly sweat, not unlike maple syrup. Go figure.

Did you mean to say "of sweat"? That I can believe. At least plastic bills shouldn't absorb sweat and whatever else folks have on their hands.

I still have a plastic $5 Australian note from our visit there in 1997. I was so impressed that I decided to hang onto a souvenir.

Did you mean to say "of sweat"? That I can believe. At least plastic bills shouldn't absorb sweat and whatever else folks have on their hands.

I still have a plastic $5 Australian note from our visit there in 1997. I was so impressed that I decided to hang onto a souvenir.

You are right, thanks. , I meant sweet. They don't absorb sweat to my knowledge. They don't melt in regular (even Arizona) heat. These bills really are superior. Hopefully they get wider adoption.

I'm 25% in cash. Partly in response to Warren Buffet's advice during 2014, I kept value in low-interest cash rather than bonds. Warren's prediction that bond interest rates would eventually head up eventually came true, though it took longer than expected.

I plan to start moving value from cash accounts into bonds over the next few months.

Back
Top Bottom