Poll: Triple Crown - Yes or No

Poll: Will California Chrome Win the Triple Crown?

• Yes!!

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Nope!!

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • other

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
So, now I'm wondering, how much $$ did CC lose on the Belmont? I'm sure a lot of folks thought CC was a sure bet, or at the very least end up third place. Had I bet (but I don't gamble :) ), I would have placed a bet for him to win, then another to at least show (3rd place?) and lost both bets.

The odds were so heavy in his favor because many people please the minimum bet on him so they can have a souvenir ticket. Handicappers wouldn't have given him the same odds.

The odds were so heavy in his favor because many people please the minimum bet on him so they can have a souvenir ticket. Handicappers wouldn't have given him the same odds.

I understand the part about handicappers not giving him the same odds.

But by ending up tied for fourth, then CC brought back no winnings, right? Except the souvenir ticket :D. That must have been a huge amount waged on him with all the betters wanting a part of history.

As you can tell, I don't play the ponies :LOL:

I understand the part about handicappers not giving him the same odds.

But by ending up tied for fourth, then CC brought back no winnings, right? Except the souvenir ticket :D. That must have been a huge amount waged on him with all the betters wanting a part of history.

As you can tell, I don't play the ponies :LOL:

I bet pretty much year round, and have a nearby horse track to bet races. I won't spend a penny betting on horses. And if I would it would have been a few bucks on some flyer because the payout ratio was so poor on him. I believe I read a $150 million dollars nationwide was bet on the race.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My understanding from my local newspaper article was that it was much less common for strong horses to show up only for the Belmont back when the last TC was won. So it may be harder now than in the past.

Some humble pie for the co-owner of California Chrome:

The co-owner of California Chrome finally admitted that his mouth outran his horse in the Belmont Stakes.

Steve Coburn choked out an emotional apology Monday on “Good Morning America” for his uncharitable remarks about the horse that won the race after California Chrome came in a disappointing fourth.

“I’m very ashamed of myself, very ashamed,” the 61-year-old, with his wife, Carolyn, seated next to him, told Robin Roberts. “I need to apologize to a lot of people.

‘Ashamed’ California Chrome owner Steve Coburn apologizes for his bitter, ‘cheaters’ rant after losing Triple Crown  - NY Daily News

Can't take anything away from the winner of the race, but I wonder how CC would have done had he not gotten a gash shortly out of the gate.

Some humble pie for the co-owner of California Chrome:

‘Ashamed’ California Chrome owner Steve CoburnÂ*apologizes for his bitter, ‘cheaters’ rant after losing Triple CrownÂ* - NY Daily News

Can't take anything away from the winner of the race, but I wonder how CC would have done had he not gotten a gash shortly out of the gate.

I felt a bit sorry for the guy. He was just venting, though on the national stage that is not probably the best forum to do it in. He was experiencing the moment of his life and was frustrated it didn't all end as a perfect fairy tale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My understanding from my local newspaper article was that it was much less common for strong horses to show up only for the Belmont back when the last TC was won. So it may be harder now than in the past.

Yes, I heard that part of the reason that it has been so long between TC winners is that horses are strategically skipping the Preakness to rest for the Belmont where that was much less prevalent in the past.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom