Potential serious health news

It's been a while since posting, felt like I was just always complaining. Thanks for all the well wishes. I am feeling MUCH better. Some lingering occasional pain in abdomen, and lots of hypochondriac thinking at times. :)

In any event, just waiting for follow up scan in June to confirm no new issues and hopefully resolved PE's so I cna stop blood thinner meds.

Went for first round of golf with my usual group 2 weeks ago! Was really good to see them and get out. Shot an 88, not too bad for such a long time off (and to be so cold)! :dance:

It's been a while since posting, felt like I was just always complaining. Thanks for all the well wishes. I am feeling MUCH better. Some lingering occasional pain in abdomen, and lots of hypochondriac thinking at times. :)

In any event, just waiting for follow up scan in June to confirm no new issues and hopefully resolved PE's so I cna stop blood thinner meds.

Went for first round of golf with my usual group 2 weeks ago! Was really good to see them and get out. Shot an 88, not too bad for such a long time off (and to be so cold)! :dance:

I'm so glad you posted! How wonderful that you are able to get out there and play golf - it's good for body and mind (well, not my mind...I don't play well so it's quite frustrating!:LOL:) )

I'm so glad you posted! How wonderful that you are able to get out there and play golf - it's good for body and mind (well, not my mind...I don't play well so it's quite frustrating!:LOL:) )

You are right Cindy! I have to say, a lot of things have changed with my thinking as a result of all of this. One of the most important of which is my relationships (DW and DD's). Less important, but still impactful, is my work GAS meter. :D

Thank you for sharing your good news Tiger!

Glad you are feeling better and out and about--good for the soul and body to be positive and doing things you want to do.

Tiger, Glad to hear you are doing better and hitting the links.

What a positive update! Reading this made my day. :)

I bet getting out with your golf friends is good for your physical and your mental health.

BTW, it's normal to experience a bit of increased stress and to anticipate the worst when you return for follow ups, so just be aware of that when June rolls around. I find lots of deep breathing in the waiting room helps.

I'm at the three year mark post-cancer surgery, and I still get butterflies before each of my biannual rechecks, even though I am perfectly healthy now. Once you have received that kind of diagnosis, you're kind of "primed" to hear more bad news after that. And sometimes we associate the clinic or doctor's office with the initial diagnosis, which doesn't help. Our minds are good at conjuring up all sorts of dire possibilities. Believe me, I am intimately familiar with the "hypochondriacal" syndrome. :blush:

On the plus side, the more time that passes the fewer butterflies there are. I look forward to another positive update from you in June. :)

Last edited:
Tiger,

It was wonderful to see your update.

You sound great and I hope you are having fun every day in celebration.

Great to hear Tiger! It's common to be more sensitive to health concerns after serious events and illness, as you've experienced. I too had bilateral PEs and additional health challenges.I learned the laser focus (you describe hypochondria) on my health gradually diminished, and it's common. It will pass.
So grateful to hear your good news. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom