What to do?

• Pursue it

Votes: 33 70.2%
  • Reject it

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Take things as they come

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters
I don't see why you would not pursue it. I see only upsides and not really any downsides. Sounds like very good timing.

Do you actually have to commit for a year? If you don't have to sign some sort of contract, no one can make you stay if it sucks.

Hi all,

My father is very practical. My mother is a dreamer.

Put yourself in my shoes. You've been relaxing and recuperating after getting let go from your job five weeks ago. You have savings, and you live very frugally, but you're obviously going to need a pretty good income for the next six years or so in order to finance your retirement.

<snip>

2Cor521

So, what's mom and pop got to do with it? I assume you're saying you're torn between the two.

The second part of the psychoanalysis is, why were you "let go" from your old job? Did they let you go, or did you mentally let the job go? As in, they were sick of you or did you just get over going to work there, mentally. :cool:

Maybe the same work with a different view/coworkers/boss/etc. would be just what the doctor ordered. Or, maybe you're burned out. :D

As an aside, the best anecdote I've heard recently is... in order to be burned out, at some point, you've had to have been "on fire". :angel:

-CC

So, what's mom and pop got to do with it? I assume you're saying you're torn between the two.

I didn't explain that very well. Long story short, I've been following the "practical" advice of my father all my life but there's somewhat of a siren song with my mother and "dreaming". As their kid I'm a mixture of the two of them, but in all honesty probably more like my dad.

The second part of the psychoanalysis is, why were you "let go" from your old job? Did they let you go, or did you mentally let the job go? As in, they were sick of you or did you just get over going to work there, mentally. :cool:

The latter. Again, long story short, I "quit" several months ago, and eventually they let me go because of it.

2Cor521

Back
Top Bottom