Presently employed, looking and need feedback

joecaf53

Dryer sheet aficionado
As my title states, I am presently employed but looking. Recently I received 2 responses, one left a voice mail, other by email. Both messages asked if I could come in for an interview the following day at a specific time.

I tried calling the one who left the phone message multiple times hoping to get the person live, but ended up leaving a message stating that I could not make an interview the following day, but the reminder of the week was open. Never heard back.

I responded to the one who left me an email stating that the next day wasn't good, but if the rest of week was an option. I also stated that I work between 8-4:30 and wanted to see if it was possible to arrange an interview around those hours. Never heard back.

Was I wrong for replying the way I did? I want to be careful since I am working, but I also do not want to ruin possible opportunities.

Would appreciate any advice how best to respond.

Thanks

No, I think you responded appropriately. They asked if you could do a proposed date/time and you responded that the proposed date/time did not work of you and proposed an alternative. I don't see any problem with that.

Keep trying.

Your response was correct. If they are really interested they will contact you. If they were just looking to fill slots to make it look like they had interviewed multiple candidates when they really know who will get the job then they likely will have filled the slot with another warm body and will not have wasted your time.

They may be taking a while to get back to you because they need to coordinate around multiple schedules (e.g. Several interviewers).

Recently I received 2 responses, one left a voice mail, other by email. Both messages asked if I could come in for an interview the following day at a specific time.
I tried calling the one who left the phone message multiple times hoping to get the person live, but ended up leaving a message stating that I could not make an interview the following day, but the reminder of the week was open. Never heard back.
I responded to the one who left me an email stating that the next day wasn't good, but if the rest of week was an option. I also stated that I work between 8-4:30 and wanted to see if it was possible to arrange an interview around those hours. Never heard back.
Was I wrong for replying the way I did? I want to be careful since I am working, but I also do not want to ruin possible opportunities.
If that's the way you're treated by the "human resources" experts in those companies, then it sounds like you dodged a bullet.

Back
Top Bottom