probably delaying retirement plan

So I am a couple years older than that guy, also living very frugally with no debts. Other than that I am getting a 6 figure salary and full benefit and he is getting only $2K a month from YouTube. What is any advantage he has over me? He probably works more hours a week than me. I could quit anytime and do nothing but he has to work for YouTube every week.

I don't know if he has any advantage. He seems happy with what he does now, compared to what he had to do before retirement to make a living.

If you are happy with what you do now, then there's no reason to stop work.

I think a person should look at the options available to himself, and not what his neighbor has. One optimizes his life by tweaking the variables that are accessible to himself.

Last edited:
Perspective to the OP. Assuming you are in the US. You currently make more than 90% of everyone else. Your net worth puts you in the top 1%. That doesn't even factor in your SS and Pension.

If you are "ready" to retire you will know. Its a realization that time > money, and you are ready for that part of your life to start and you know what you are retiring to.

If you are "able" to retire, then its a math equation that shows a success rate that you can live with. But keep in mind that working OMY will always improve your position. That will be true every year until you die.

Back
Top Bottom