Pulling the plug

Debob

Confused about dryer sheets
Well after 20+ years at work, I fill like just calling it over. I still have rentals,just to keep busy. But this everyday stuff is getting old. I just turned 56,and been at one job or another sence 12. Just seems like its been going on forever. Wife helps out with rentals,but hasn"t worked in a
paying job sence 1975.

Well after 20+ years at work, I fill like just calling it over. I still have rentals,just to keep busy. But this everyday stuff is getting old. I just turned 56,and been at one job or another sence 12. Just seems like its been going on forever. Wife helps out with rentals,but hasn"t worked in a
paying job sence 1975.

I'd say it's time. Let 'er rip. Pull that plug! :D

Enjoy, and let us know what's going on, and how you're feeling about it.

It is a relief to be able to kick back and not HAVE to do anything. I really enjoyed not having to work, like you I started at 12-13. First year was great, then I started looking for more to do, helped a friend build an airplane, then "sort-of" started looking for a part time job. Finally gave up and just started a new job last week. I'll probably do that for 1-3 years to buy an RV or airplane, then cut back to part time.

The important difference is that I'll be working because I want to, not because I have to. Different people react differently to retirement. It's a bigger change than I thought it would be.

Back
Top Bottom